arguing over who stays at home with the baby

I do think that if Mrs wants to stay home with the baby, it should be her choice first.

But yeah I have never heard of a man wanting to do the staying home bit.

Heard my next door neighbours arguing, as usual. He was telling her to get a full time job and they have 3 kids all under the age of 5! Men are such idiots sometimes. I'm surprised my neighbour even has to work part time in the evenings, plus raise their brats and run the house!

Sorry, but their kids arent exactly little peaches all the time..

mrs h said:
Hi has anyone else had trouble deciding who will stay at home with the baby?
My husband and i both want to stay at home and look after the baby.I have wanted to stay at home ever since i found out i was pregnant as i dont want to miss a thing while our son is growing up.My husband says we have to decide who is staying at home yet we just end up arguing discussing it as i think he thinks it will be easy at home as he isnt the best at housework now so i dont want to work full time and come home to a mess.Money wise we cant both afford to give up work and it makes no difference in money terms who gives up work as we are on similar wages.How are we going to decide?

my oh wants to stay home aswell he keeps telling me that i could get a better job than him and hed be a great house husband...i think he reckons its a doss but he'd get a flaming shock if i left him to it!!

i put my foot down and said NO! i'm doing my job as haydens mummy..looking after him and our home...you go to work!!

My OH is no more ahem 'relaxed' about the housework than me (I'm a sluttish housewife) and he's a devoted daddy, think he'd do just as well at home with Stanley, and disagree it should be the woman on those grounds.

The reason I'm at home, is the age-old one that men on average earn more than women, and even though I'm older and more qualified than OH he gets a much better wage, so it pays to send him out to work!! :)

He's actually better with his own company, whereas I've got a strong work ethic and have always thrived in the social work environment. I know Stanley's only tiny, but I'm really missing it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back