Home Birth

Good for you for taking the first steps!!

You should be able to do what you want, its your baby and your body!!

The only thing I would say about your list is your probably better off with maternity pads rather than sanitary towels for after the birth, there will be a hell of alot of blood, I had to use 4 maternity pads one on top of the other with plastic pants on top for a couple of weeks after the birth (sorry if that was tmi) oh and remember those plastic pants too, you can get the towels and pants in mothercare ;)

:)

Good for you for taking the first steps!!

You should be able to do what you want, its your baby and your body!!

The only thing I would say about your list is your probably better off with maternity pads rather than sanitary towels for after the birth, there will be a hell of alot of blood, I had to use 4 maternity pads one on top of the other with plastic pants on top for a couple of weeks after the birth (sorry if that was tmi) oh and remember those plastic pants too, you can get the towels and pants in mothercare ;)

Oh jeez :shock: I'm gonna bleed that much!!!! :shock::shock: Ok... Lots of maternity pads and plastic knickers it is! Ha ha xx

Glad to hear it Heppi!

It's the "stubborn" ones that get their own way because they won't give in and be fobbed off by excuses!

Still considering a home birth here, but want to look at the Midwife led unit in my chosen hospital before making a definite decision.

She was born at 10.30 at night got settled around 12ish and by the time 5am came the blood was pouring all over the bed and up my back it was even at my neck, i called mw and she said its normal i was screaming my head off, that was with 1 pad on..but yeah the bleeding was pretty bad....BUT thats only me, I have no idea how much other ppl bled but the midwifes made out it was very normal so who knows. I have my fingers crossed for you and me looool (coz i certainly dont wanna go through it again!!)

Sorry I feel like i've ruined a happy thread looool

Yeah defo, at least you can stock up cant think of anything worse than being without them. I think you'll probs get lots of info from your mw like leaflets and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back