Anyone had/considering a home birth?

sam08

Reaction score
I really like the idea of it as our mat unit is notorious for being understaffed etc (im sure all the horror stories arent true! I have heard good ones as well) and you dont take staff away from the hospital as they have special ones on call for home births. I just like the idea of feeling mroe relaxed and wonder if that will help with the delivery, what do other people think? I have been told at the mo i could have one if i wanted to..but its early days, anything can happen i know.

I would really like a homebirth and will discuss it with my MW but I dont know if I'll be allowed as Maddison was low birth weight and needed resuscitated so will probably try the midwife led birth unit instead :hug:

I had one (unexpectedly mind you!) but it was great!

I love the idea of it but's not for me.

I have a kidney condition that means I'll be under consultant care again so it's not an option. I love reading the stories though :)

had a hospital birth and a home birth. Loved both births but really really enjoyed the home birth.

You should watch some of the home births on youtube. Keep a hankie ready cos I cried my eyes out!

Have a read of this viewtopic.php?f=62&t=86464

Lots of links and info to get you started :) Feel free to PM me if you've any questions. Happy to try to help.

I had a homebirth and loved it. If we have a second baby I'll be under consultant care for my pregnancy but have told them I hope for another homebirth and have been told this should be ok to try. I don't wish to deliver in hospital and the concerns they have for me won't affect the birth or myself or baby. It'll just mean an op a few months after giving birth.

My friend had a home waterbirth for her second, and she loved it. It's an option I would definitely consider, but there's a midwife-led birth centre near me which looks fabulous. If it wasn't for that, homebirth would definitely be my first choice - I really hate hospitals.

i've read some lovely stories of ppl having great experiences of home birth. I planned one with my last baby but had to change plans when the hospital discover I had OC. I'm sure it would be a much more relaxing experience than a hospital birth x

Sherlock said:
Have a read of this viewtopic.php?f=62&t=86464

Lots of links and info to get you started :) Feel free to PM me if you've any questions. Happy to try to help.

I had a homebirth and loved it. If we have a second baby I'll be under consultant care for my pregnancy but have told them I hope for another homebirth and have been told this should be ok to try. I don't wish to deliver in hospital and the concerns they have for me won't affect the birth or myself or baby. It'll just mean an op a few months after giving birth.

I sat and read all them last night. Didnt relaise the m/w's left you on your own so soon after, but thats a plus in my book.

HollyHobby said:
I sat and read all them last night. Didnt relaise the m/w's left you on your own so soon after, but thats a plus in my book.

A MW will come back daily for the first few days to make sure all is well and LO is latching etc. Galen was born on the Saturday, MW called Saturday evening to see how we were doing, then called in Sunday and Monday. Then again Wednesday. Was lovely and very relaxed.

I'm planning to have mine in hospital. The mw has asked if I'd like to consider a homebirth but I think I'd rather go to the hospital. And i have cream carpets! :lol:

The bit i liked was when the midwife used a sieve to catch a poo! Going to put a sieve on my to buy list!

i'll not bother with a water birth, too much palaver and we dont have a lot of room in the sitting room, but will get one of those bouncy balls for sure.

I was awake most of last night with the birth on my mind, i am now going to try and not think about that at all :shakehead:

meandthebump said:
I'm planning to have mine in hospital. The mw has asked if I'd like to consider a homebirth but I think I'd rather go to the hospital. And i have cream carpets! :lol:

My carpets were spotless. Seriously, there was no mess and within an hour after giving birth you'd never know I'd delivered my son in our sitting room :lol:

My husband loves that our LO was born at home. He is quite in awe sometimes when he thinks about our son being born right here, that he helped deliver and catch him and that we sit and spend time in this room as we do.

i had a very unexpected home birth. amelia's birth happened so quick that i didnt have time to even get into the car let alone to the hospital!!!!

each of my labours ive dilated very quick, so i think if (when lol) i have a 4th, ill have to plan for having a home birth.

before this birth i didnt want a home birth at all, but now, well if my next labour is as easy, id much prefer to stay at home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back