Holidays!

louxlouxbellex

Reaction score
Hey Girls

Have any of you been or are going abroad during your pregnancy?

We are going to Tenerife 3 wks tomorrow :cheer: for a our last holiday just the 2 of us for the next 18 years or so! I still need to sort out travel insurance though I have checked an most companies will accepts pregnant ladies up until 8 wks before their due date without a doctors letter. I will be 23/24 weeks while we are away so I should be ok on that front but I want a policy which covers absolutely everything inc pre existing conditions like Asthma. Is this possible? Has anyone else arranged travel insurance when pregnant?

Mucho thanks for any advice that anyone can offer.

Lou xxx :D :

Insurance companies often don't cover pre existing conditions such as asthma without a fairly heavy premium.

You should call your insurer and ask them to quote you.

Im hopefully off to Paris for a few nights in August!
I need a new passport though and my rebelious side just is refusing to pay £72 for it lmao! :rotfl: I will have to soon though or I may as well forget going anywhere lol!

I know hun, they are so expensive! I had to get a new passport for this holiday as my old one was in my maiden name anyway they put Gigsoow instead of Glasgow for place of birth! Apparently it was actually made up in the Glasgow office, WTF?! Just as well I had applied in plenty of time cos I had to send it back!

Thanks sherlock, I will phone about a few places in the morning. I don't paying extra to ensure that my Asthma is covered. My asthma was totally controlled until I became pregnant but it's a bit unpredictable these days.

louxlouxbellex said:
I know hun, they are so expensive! I had to get a new passport for this holiday as my old one was in my maiden name anyway they put Gigsoow instead of Glasgow for place of birth! Apparently it was actually made up in the Glasgow office, WTF?! Just as well I had applied in plenty of time cos I had to send it back!

WTF?? hahaha :rotfl: Gigsoow ?? hahahahaha that is so funny!? How dumb are they??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I went to the dom rep when i was 23+3 for 2 weeks and was perfectly fine, suffered with swollen ankles but nothing else. I found insurance companies wanted you home by the 26 week mark. where as airlines will let you fly to a max of around 33 weeks, with a doctors note

Good luck

Edit to say i doubt you will find a policy that covers exisitng conditions but if you do you will seriously pay for it :lol:

im flying to france when ill be 30+6 & coming back at 31+6... the insurance company ive gone through covers up to 32 weeks pregnant :wink: me & the other half both have asthma & they didnt bat an eyelid about it... think the company was called one stop insurance. They are dead cheap as well :D their website is http://www.1stoptravelinsurance.co.uk/? ... QwodSQmvzA
although i found it easier to phone them.

hope you have fun :)

kerryp said:
im flying to france when ill be 30+6 & coming back at 31+6... the insurance company ive gone through covers up to 32 weeks pregnant :wink: me & the other half both have asthma & they didnt bat an eyelid about it... think the company was called one stop insurance. They are dead cheap as well :D their website is http://www.1stoptravelinsurance.co.uk/? ... QwodSQmvzA

please check with the travel company they will let you fly, i know of someone who wasnt allowed to fly home from spain as the pilot refused to board them as she looked more than 28 weeks and had no proof otherwise, she had to ring her doc and midwife in uk and get them to fax her info over to prove she was only 26 weeks but it still meant she wasnt allowed to fly till the following day after they had the info, lots of airlines will not allow you to fly after 28 weeks, this is honestly true.

I know Ryanair let you fly until 36 weeks! 32 with twins!

hennaly said:
kerryp said:

please check with the travel company they will let you fly, i know of someone who wasnt allowed to fly home from spain as the pilot refused to board them as she looked more than 28 weeks and had no proof otherwise, she had to ring her doc and midwife in uk and get them to fax her info over to prove she was only 26 weeks but it still meant she wasnt allowed to fly till the following day after they had the info, lots of airlines will not allow you to fly after 28 weeks, this is honestly true.

oh dont worry... i KNOW easyjet will let me fly. its one of the first things we looked up once we found out our dates. their policy is "Expectant mothers can be accepted for travel up to 27 weeks (inclusive) without a medical certificate. When travelling between 28 - 35 (inclusive) weeks a medical certificate issued by a doctor or midwife confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy is required confirming that the passenger is fit to fly. Pregnant passengers cannot be accepted for travel on or after week 36, and therefore all return flights must be completed no later than week 36."
finding the insurance was the harder part :D

I cant help with the pregnancy cover as im staying in the UK for my hols this year but i did shop around alot to cover my pre existing crohns Disease and columbus direct were very competitive.

Claire x

Yeh Easyjet are the same as Ryanair! i think thats pretty cool that you can fly that late! I never knew until i looked the other week at going to Paris!!

My DH works for the airline we are flying with so he will know the crew & pilots, he's been blabbing so much about us having a baby that they all probably know exactly how many weeks I am!!! I think there policy is doctors letter after 32 wks anyway.

Thanks for all the advice & Kerryp & Nori I will phone round tomorrow :D

I am going to Canada when I'm 22 weeks. I get free travel insurance with my bank so just need to call them to find out if it covers me (I doubt it will!)

Can't wait - sooo excited now :D

I'm off to cyprus for a week on Wednesday.... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I'll be 23+1 when I fly out and 24+1 when I fly back.

We have an annual travel insurance as wel normally go abroad a few times a year so we just informed them that I was pregnant when we renewed and they didn't say anything.

The airline will let me fly up to 32 weeks but I think I look quite big (although hopefully not 32 weeks! :shock: ) so I'm taking my notes with me anyway which show my EDD on in case they do happen to question me about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back