Holiday Cottages

Fluffy Bunny

Reaction score
Hi! Just wondered if anyone has been to a nice holiday cottage they'd recommend as we want to go away for New Year, just the three of us (woo, it'll be our first family new year!). I'm anticipating a hetic Christmas, it normally is, as both me and OH have quite large families.

We're looking for something thats by the sea (within 30mins ish), takes dogs and most important is a bit isolated/ remote. Nothing with too close neighbours as we want to be hermits for a week :lol: Don't really mind where it is so if anyone has any ideas they'd be gratefully received, just can't seem to see what we want on any of the big websites.

I don't know how far you are planning on travelling but some friends and I stayed in Tenby, West Wales one year for a week over New Year in a gorgeous cottage about 5 mins from the sea and I think it only cost about £400 for the week.
I can't recall the website sorry but I imagine it had something to do with the Welsh Tourist Board and I know I found it through googling cottages & Pembrokeshire.....
and if you haven't been to Tenby it is such a lovely fishing village but with plenty of amenities and things but remote enough to be quaint. However on the flipside New Years eve in Tenby town centre is mental so avoid the centre by all means if you want peace and quiet.
x

Thanks :D I've been looking at wales as it seems to most suit our needs and the beaches are gorgeous.

Hope we can get something booked this late, I'm not the worlds most organised person :)

Northumberland would have great beaches too and wouldn't be too far

You mystic megs you lot, thats exactly the two places I've been looking Wales (north and pembrokeshire) and Northumberland :)

I'm just missing that elusive dream holiday cottage that I have in my mind!!! Theres a little gem out there somewhere for us :D

we went to tenby wales in the summer it was lovely we had a big cottage i think it was the mannor house the site had a spa and pool, the town centre was only 5 min drive i think it was celtic haven they also had smaller cottages

W stayed in a fantastic converted barn in North Wales, near Bala, it was lovely and remote but only 6 miles from Bala....it was on cottages4u.co.uk...hang on I will find piccies........

bala034.jpg

bala023.jpg

We loved it there, big log fire and everything. Have a look on the website, there are some crackers :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back