Cottage in the lakes / Scotland- Any recomendations?

happy-chick

Reaction score
We wanna book a week in a holiday cottage in the lakes or poss scotland in summer as a chance to get away me, dh & baby :) we want to book it now so that we will definately do it and also we have to money availible at moment to put a deposit down.

We're in manchester & will have 6month old so dont really wanna go too far, needs to be within a few hours drive .Can anyone recommend any area or anywhere they've stayed before, also any good websites to book through? Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks x

Last edited by a moderator:
i went to scotland to Loch long...gorgeous plce..it wasa coach trip though with national holidays but is relatively cheap

samandbump said:
http://secure.sunterra.com/europe/rs-l3.aspx?resort=PLR

it is lovely here and not to far from you

Thanks, looks great but theres no pricing or booking options :?

We go to Keswick every year, last year we took Libby when she was 6 weeks old, and found most walks were baby friendly (either in buggy or sling).......I love the Lake District so can definitely recommend there, I find it very easy to relax.

We book our cottage through Cumbrian Cottages and have never been disappointed yet, think it should only be a couple of hours from Manchester too....if that.

I'm not sure in Scotland where you want to go - its a big place - but maybe south since you don't want to travel far?

Edinburgh is lovely (I'm a bit biased), The Scottish Borders are also gorgeous, although if you're coming from Manchester you might be best to go to the west - I've never been to Dumfries and Galloway, but apparently Annan is lovely.

The VisitScotland website is excellent to find out information and book accommodation.

I hope you get something booked soon.

Valentine Xxx

http://www.unique-cottages.co.uk/

is a good site, I live in Edinburgh but we've not been anywhere else than the scottish highlands on hols for the past few years its just so beautiful.

We usually stay on a small island called eliean shona its incredibly beautiful, no TV no phones, no roads, no cars...perfect. You can sit in the cottage and watch deer, stag. pine martins, red squirrels, pop down to the bay to watch the otters and grab a few oysters for tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back