social worker...

BumbleTumble

Reaction score
hiya girls

i had a meeting with my (well, baby's!) social worker today.
i was so scared when he said he was coming, because of the reputation that social workers have.

but he was really really nice! he told me how it was, and is arranging lots of support for me to help me cope, he is going to see me every week for the next month, and i can ring him if i want, even if i just want to rant.

so im quite pleased :)
feel silly for getting so worried, although still a little apprehensive!

social workers can be very helpful if you let them and listen to them.

Thats good, glad it went well!!
It's good you have this kind of support :) x

I have two but I mainly see one and shes lovely we have a laugh. Just wish my partner would see that they aren't such a bad thing and sort himself out. x

im actually quite glad he was told to see me this early in my pregnancy, my mental state has deteriorated quite a bit in the last week or so. hence the 'full assessment'.

im planning to be completely honest with him, because there is no point in lying, as there is my baby involved.

misscrazycooki, im sure your partner will realise that soon, social workers have such an awful reputation, thats why i was so scared, because ive only ever heard of them taking children into care, but he assured me this was not the case, and they want to help as much as they can.
xxx

taking the kids is always a last resort and they will work with you in any way possible to keep your kid with you if thats what you want and your trying to work with them.

I've had loads of contact with SW as my parents foster and they really do try nowadays to keep children with their mums. Taking children away really is a last resort, they now by law have to provide as much help and support as possible to both the parents and the children before it's even considered, unless of course there's a real threat of harm.

Being honest with him will only be good for you hun. He's there to help and it's a release for you to discuss things with someone who's not in your immediate environment as well xxxxxxxx

Glad it went well! :thumbup:

Really don't like Social Services. Scum in my opinion

Last edited:

That's harsh :shock: most social workers do a fabulous job to protect children and vulnerable adults, I find that statement quite offensive tbh :(

That's harsh :shock: most social workers do a fabulous job to protect children and vulnerable adults, I find that statement quite offensive tbh :(

It's only my opinion. I've had a very bad experience with them. I'm aware they probably do amazing work with children that thoroughly need it/deserve it, but I haven't personally seen it or had it, so I can't change my thoughts of them.

Last edited:
So fair enough to have feelings about that particular person but to say such a sweeping statement that all social workers are scum is offensive. I work closely with social workers and they have a hideous job and take a lot of their work home with them. They are underpaid and their services stretched beyond belief. I couldn't handle their job, I'd be heartbroken seeing the atrocious things they see :(

So fair enough to have feelings about that particular person but to say such a sweeping statement that all social workers are scum is offensive. I work closely with social workers and they have a hideous job and take a lot of their work home with them. They are underpaid and their services stretched beyond belief. I couldn't handle their job, I'd be heartbroken seeing the atrocious things they see :(

Not disputing that at all, and if it helps, I shall rephrase it then to mean that not all are scum :) but from my personal experiences with them and what I've seen, I've seen nothing positive that they've achieved. I know they do lots of amazing work with families and children, but just saying I haven't seen that personally in my life, and like I say.. my experience was a tragic one that I will never get over, and it wasn't just one particular social worker either, it was the entire team of them in my area.

But just my personal opinion :)

Anyway, don't want to take anymore attention away from the OP, so I shall leave it there :D

Last edited:
I can honestly say mine have helped me so much without them I would be still climbing the walls ignoring my son and being so depressed it would have killed me. I love the fact I finally got the help I wanted. Just wish they had support for all first time mums more available. As I ended up begging for mine x

I can honestly say mine have helped me so much without them I would be still climbing the walls ignoring my son and being so depressed it would have killed me. I love the fact I finally got the help I wanted. Just wish they had support for all first time mums more available. As I ended up begging for mine x

Aww that's great! It's nice to know there's people who can support you through the tough times! Helps loads :hugs:

I think they'd love to help everyone hun but the government cuts the service year upon year, it's very difficult for social services to run as it should :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back