hmmm

Thea would have been Richanie or Melard :clap: Excellent i must remember those!

Thea would have been Richanie or Melard :clap: Excellent i must remember those!

I would have a girl called Saralee........ mmmmmmmm, reminds me of chocolate cake.

I would have a girl called Saralee........ mmmmmmmm, reminds me of chocolate cake.

Anticola or Nicthony sounds like a nicotine replacement!

So if we have a girl we will call it Kathedon and if we have a boy we will call it Gorerine :rotfl:

Seriously though, everyone has their own idea about names. I personally hate made up names or ones with weird spellings. I'm a teacher and so used to see a lot of this when I worked at a tough secondary school. Another teacher said to me that they think the parents just can't spell and that makes a lot of sense to be honest :oops:

But other people love unusual spellings and unique names because they feel it is special to their child (I imagine).

The children sometimes love their names. Though they often get frustrated with having to spell them or having people misspell or mispronounce them.

The child I feel most sorry for is a girl called Nirvana (after the band, nothing spiritual).

If the name at the end of the mixing is cool then fair enough otherwise its just pure vanity I think. Ok so a child is a mixture of mum and dad but use mum or dads name as a middle name or something, not name your kids something crap for the novelty of it :roll:

True story.... thankfully about a house name and not their daughter

But my friends parents are called Gordon and Sheila..... which made there house called

Gorila!!! They actually have a sign above the door and everything!

oooh and my brothers ex was called Norlynn - Norman and Lynn :roll:

She was as crackers as her name :roll: :roll:

SarahH said:
True story.... thankfully about a house name and not their daughter

But my friends parents are called Gordon and Sheila..... which made there house called

Gorila!!! They actually have a sign above the door and everything!

Bit more imaginative than 'Dunroamin' though eh :wink:

not quite sure how Jarrod and Louise mix :think:

Jarise. Lorrod. Louid. Jarroe.

Jarse :rotfl: sounds about right :rotfl:

Willow would be Rebeniel.
Or Danekah.
I would never fiddle round with names like that. :lol: There's a girl i know who is going to call her kid Haylor-she's Hayley and her bf is Taylor :roll: Seriously if you're that stuck for names whats wrong with Emily or something simple and nice?

The WORST name though, was once when I was at the bus stop and some girl yelled at her toddler "SHAKIRA!Get back here!"

It is so,so much worse when said in a broad belfast accent however :wall: when will they learn

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back