hmmm still not heard...

Daggers

Reaction score
from the hospital re my first scan or from the MW's I know I'm only 9wks but it seems like quite a few of you already have various appointments booked and I'm feeling left out! When did y'all get your appointments through? :?

hey honey - i only just seen the midwife for booking in appointment last week and won't get a scan until 20 weeks which is abit of a bummer but never mind - tis a bit borin waitin int it :hug: hope they get in touch soon xxxx

Have you had your booking in appointment with the MW? This is usually done after 8 weeks. Once booked in you are then referred for a dating scan by the MW normally.

Depends where you ante natal is? Via your GP's surgery or your hospital.

Often the 12 week scan dates (which can run to 13 weeks plus if busy) don't come through till a couple of weeks before hand.

I never heard from my hosp for ages and my scan & midwife appointment is not until 7th May by which point I'll be almost 16 wks!

It's an awfully long time to wait I think :think:

I only got a 12 weeks scan booked in because I had an early bleed and had to go to the EPAU and they booked it for me. It's next Wednesday when I'll be 1 day off 13 weeks!

If I'd have waited for my MW to book it I probably wouldn't have got one because I'm seeing her today for the first time and I'm 12 weeks tomorrow!! :shock:

hiya

iam feeling left out the same as you :| i had my booking in appointment with the my gp to confirm pregnancy at 5weeks.

and ive heard nothing :wall: i rang the mid wife today and she told me she had no record of me being preg, it turns out my gp hadnt faxed over my confirmation to the antenatel unit. the midwife wants to see me next monday for a check up but she doesnt know when my scan will be now!

so ive been waiting for the phone call/letter for my scan date for no reason arghhhhhhh :wall:

ild advise you to either ring the docters or the antenatel unit just to make sure they know you are waiting.

bloody gp :x

take care hun x

hmm Joanne, yes it had crossed my mind that maybe my paper work just disappear or something! What I may do is wait till Monday and if I don't hear anything by then I'll give the GP's a call just to make sure, cause I certainly ain't waiting till 16 or 20wks before having my first scan! Not sure what they do around here but if they don't do the initial 12wk scan I'll just have it done privately, I personaly think it's outrageous that in some areas you only get one scan, it just isn't good enough!
Guess I'll just sit in front of the letter box for the next couple of days :roll: !

I live close to you and had my antenatal care at the lister hospital, thats the QE2 sister hospital, as far as I am aware they do a 12 week dating scan, I made a doctors appointment, they wrote to the hospital to inform them, and just before my 12 week scan I saw my midwife to get my 'green' notes. It might work differently, yyou could call the QE2 and ask to speak to the antenatal clinic, they would be able to tell you exactly what to expect.

i hope you get your letter very soon ... makes you feel like your just a nobody n that they dont care.... all we want is the reasurance from the scan that baby is growing fine everything is how it should be.

i keep worrying now-iam going to be very nervous going to the scan but just want it done so i can happy about things.

are you showing yet? i have a slight bump, but looks more like ive put on weight. jelly belly :? feel like i havent grown since around 8weeks, iam hopeing its all in my head! x

take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back