Hit the 30 weeks and cant sleep stage

honeybear

Reaction score
Hello ladies :)
Hope all and bumps are well!

Seem to have hit the 30 week suddenly stopped sleeping phase. No matter how tired I am I can't drift off too hot too old restless legs loads of things. My hips and back are looser now so I'm on my blow up ball sometimes to help.
Hospital said last week little man was getting head down but I was hoping to spend the next 9-10 weeks if that with some good sleep haha obviously not 😂 Is it just bodied ramping up? I'm low on iron as well so look like caspers friendly ghost too.
Can't wait to meet little pumpkin but my god I want a proper sleep 🤣 Does anyone think it could be a set up to labour soon? Xxx

I haven't slept well since around that stage either! Sometimes it settles for a bit. A couple weeks ago I was getting about 20 mins a day in one random nap in the day at different times each day and that was it lol. It's always something isn't it, either too awake or tired and achy or uncomfy or heartburn or restless legs lol!
My iron supplements help restless legs and so does tea tree oil baths :). I tried lavender on pillow and soles of feet and didn't really work for me but know it does for others. Are you working? I'm not working atm so I just gave up trying to establish any sort of normal sleeping pattern and just slept when I could and let myself stay awake if I wasn't sleeping. Spent a lot of time just on my phone though haha. Are there any books you enjoy? I've found reading has been good to pass the time. And also daytime naps have always been easier than night time sleep! Its so frustrating isnt it. Xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hi Millie , You hit the nail on the head with all the above symptoms lol heartburn especially. I'm on maternity now although still waiting for maternity pay ... 5 week back log apparently! Nice!
I spend most my evenings on the kindle now watching films or relaxing videos as nothing seems to be helping I'm trying different covers blankets and pillows and positions ahah. Annoying this is how tired I feel I should be able to just fall asleep lol you've not got long to go now either! I'm back at uni for three weeks next week so that should help pass time x

Heartburn is soo bad isn't it!! I got omeprazole off the doctors which helps a little and then if I get desperate I have a teaspoon of baking soda in water and down it and that usually improves it a lot.
Ahh I had a 5 week backlog for mine too! I ended up getting some of it as backdated pay lol.
Yeah it's frustrating when you feel so so tired but can't sleep lol I do find it much easier during the day to nap on the sofa etc than to try sleep at night. Yeah thar should help pass time a lot :) by the time you've finished uni then you'll be 34 weeks and very near the end then :) it's gone fast for me since then looking back. Although at the time the days and nights seem to drag haha xx

I'm 29 weeks and been sleepless since 27 weeks im managing to have 20 mins here and there I just can't wait to sleep on my stomach I miss it lol

I feel your pain! I have been uncomfortable, not sleeping since week 28 I'm now 31 wks. Takes me a while to get comfortable at night then baby thinks it's "party" time constantly wriggling :)
Acid indigestion when I lie down is not nice, have to prop myself up to ease it, leg cramps is a killer too!!!
I'm still working, I leave next Friday which couldn't come soon enough! I have a physical job and suffer from lower back pain which gets me down. I go to Aqua natal yoga once a week which helps me relax and eases my lower back pain.

I have been told the symptoms only get worse as you get bigger, I was like thanks I really wanted to here that :) X

It's nice to see we are all in the same boat with napping especially haha
I can't sleep during the day either it's a nightmare baby does indeed like a dance in the evening when I want to sleep too. The ache in my hips and legs is awful feels like everything is going to pop out of place constantly. We haven't got long to go but feels like a life time. I've been signed off since about 11weeks pregnant I had a physical job too probably why it's felt like the longest time ever

Pic of my big boy I feel like he's dropped x

Bump

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 16
I love your bump!! Your tattoo looks lovely with a bump :)
I found it sooo hard to walk around 29ish weeks when she was breech then it got better for a couple weeks around 32 or 33 weeks lol. Now she is mostly engaged it hurts to walk again. I am a teeny bit comfier at night than I was now she has dropped a bit although I need a wee constantly and also my torso is short so she still gets in ribs lol. Then it gets really uncomfy!
94599ffe6e6fc501c4d9c0ecfcd2ba9c.jpg

I remember the last trimester with my first it does seem like a lifetime. This time round seems an eternity I'm ready to get her out lmao. My little one is head down and all I see is feet pushed out near my ribs x

That's exactly how my little pumpkin sits with his legs up near my ribs kicking can see them flailing about all night haha
Wish I had time to go on last minute holiday hahha he's so squiggly doesn't stop ATM x

I haven't had a good night sleep it feels like in ages. So yup, you're right on track. Before getting pregnant, I would be sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, I slept hard and deep and could sleep through a hurricane or earthquake. After getting pregnant, that changed, and after around 30 weeks oh my goodness, I haven't been getting good proper sleep in a while. Between being too hot, or getting up to pee, and indigestion, and sometimes just waking up for no reason, my sleep has not been that good these last few weeks.

Last edited:
I haven't had a good night sleep it feels like in ages. So yup, you're right on track. Before getting pregnant, I would be sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, I slept hard and deep and could sleep through a hurricane or earthquake. After getting pregnant, that changed, and after around 30 weeks oh my goodness, I haven't been getting good proper sleep in a while. Between being too hot, or getting up to pee, and indigestion, and sometimes just waking up for no reason, my sleep has not been that good these last few weeks.
Urgh the hot flushes are the worst!

Urgh the hot flushes are the worst!

Yup, exactly!

Another sleepless night I now look like caspers friendly ghost hahaha
Bubbling excitement to meet bubs x

Is anyone else really emotional in their third tri
It's not like a doom and gloom emotional it's just like anything can set me off
At the moment bubs dad is working stupid hours and as we aren't living together yet although looking means I see very little of him. When he gets an early finish I'm always doing something or have uni until 9pm it's getting so frustrating :(

honeybear im definitely getting more emotional and moody but nothing quite compares to how I was during christmas week. I felt so doom and gloom but i think having a bad cold and my 2 girls had bad colds and we gad my in laws staying with us. So all in all it was stressful.
I hope you find a place together very soon hun.

Gosh last night my restless legs almost saw me want to throw them out of the window!! However i spent some time on my ball and it helped loads. I didn't get to sleep until 3am and at 3.30am ny 4 yr old woke me up complaining her head hurt, she has a temperature. So she has stayed awake since then. 4 weeks to go, let them roll in!

Last edited:
Hi baby bee that sounds horrible :(
I have itchy legs so when I'm sweating it's horrible think it's from shaving most the time.
It's amazing how much those balls help I love sitting on mine if I'm aching. It must be so stressful having little ones as well especially if your not sleeping
Everything is setting me off. Cried when bubs dad went to work this morning don't know what's wrong with me. Feels like I have forever left too and uni in between x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back