3am and i can't sleep!!!!!

petchy

Reaction score
arghh!!!!! just need to vent my frustration! woke up about 2am needing the toilet and just can't seem to go back to sleep! no position is comfortable to sleep in, i am restless and keep tossing in bed.

this is the first time i've been like this, so far i've just gone to the loo in a daze during the night and fallen back to sleep again straight away. i can only wonder what it will be like at 30-something weeks onwards!!! still, good preparation for the nightfeeds to come etc i suppose!!

so here i am at 22+2 having spent the last hour writing my birth plan (!) which is now more or less complete - can't say i've not prepared well in advance!!!! lol :shock:

but i want to go back to sleeeeeeeeep...... i know! horlicks! lemme give it a go!

This is all part of pregnancy!! 'Oh, the Joys'. In the end it will be more than worth though.

I use to be like you.. Sleep through the night and use the bathroom in an easy sleep state, go right back to sleep no worries!! It is like that again now. Although, there were a few weeks where I was unable to get back to sleep, I would be up for 2 hours at a time on some nights - it became quite frustrating.

You will be fine, if need be try to get more rest during the day time/afternoon.

Baby needs all the rest you can him him/her right now.

Good luck!! :wink:

Tineke

Hey Petchy - you're probably having a lovely sleep now - just thought I would let you know that I was up at 3am too. I nearly logged on here to see what was going on! My son has a cough and had me up most of the night - but has now decided that it's time to get up - he doesn't want a lie-in - I do!! I'll get him off to sleep later this afternoon and have a nap at the same time I think.

Sweet dreams

Sunshine

Oh Petchy

I know how you feel, its so frustrating just lying there tossing and turning. Other morning I was up at 5am and decided (much to my husbands disgust as im meant to be taking it easy) to get up and clean the bathroom!! I just was wide awake and my mind was on overdrive !!

Dont know of any cures Im afraid as like others have said its just part of the joys of pregnancy. Can't suggest avoiding Caffine as im on a Caffine free diet anyways and still wake up. And apparently not taking a drink before bed dosnt make any difference. (plus more likely to get dehydrated and end up with a headache) Hopefully it will be only on and off and you will have more nights full of sleep than those lacking in sleep :0)

Ragna xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back