28week growth scan and consultant today 2:30 (updated)!!!

kayzee

Reaction score
hiya ladies :wave:

Ive got my 28 week scan today to do a growth check on my little lady, as ive had bp problems in the past and this can cause her growth to be restricted, Im not too worried as last mw appointment at 26 weeks i was measuring 32 :eek: :shock:

The only thing im concerned about is at my 22 week scan, my placenta was on the edge of my cervix so today hopefully they will tell me if its grown up or down, heres hoping its up :pray: :pray: as i really dont want a section but just a safe arrival of a healthy little girl :pray: :pray:

Also at last consultant appointment at 16 weeks they kept going on about my high bmi :oops: which really upset me as im the same now as i was with tia and the boys :(
Im feeling quite pleased with myself as i am now a stone lighter than what i was when i started :cheer: :cheer: Lets hope the nasty docs dont go pissing on my fireworks :rotfl:

Wish me luck ladies, i will fill you all in when i get home :hug:

Hope you are all well, take care and loadsa love kaye,tia and pink bump :wave: :hug: :hug: xx

All the best for your appointment.

Hope the scan shows that the placenta has moved up.

Grace xx

hi everyone :wave:

im back!!!!!! lol Baby girl is fine she was fast asleep throughout the scan so the sonographer could get her measurements really quickly, she said that she weighs 3lb already which is a cracking weight for 28 weeks :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Oh and shes in the 88th centile growth line :shock:

my bp was low and no sugar in my wee which is excellent, but because of my errrrr size :shakehead: i still have to have the GTT test tomorrow as there is a strong history of diabetes in my family i could develop it so they want to rule it out as a precaution, as if you are diabetic your risk of stillbirth increases after 38 weeks so best to have the test anyway. I have to starve from midnight and only water in the morning ( gonna miss my juice and hot choc :cry: )

She never even mentioned the fact id gained no weight or the fact id lost a stone, was a bit miffed but my mw is pleased so thats all that matters :D

The placenta is not as close to the edge as it was, so has moved a little bit which is good but its still very low and they are going to re-assess it at 34 weeks when i have to have another scan :cheer: The consultant said they dont want me to have a section as much as i dont want to have one and as shes my 4th they dont see a reason why i cant try for a normal delivery all depending on the results of my final scan. So still in limbo on that score really :think:

Ive got my 4d scan on this sunday which im really looking forward to and will post pics asap. I had some from today but as shes getting so big they are only profile shots but she still looks beautiful and perfect to me :D :D :D

Thanks for your wishes ladies it means a lot to be able to share this precious journey with you guys :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

Glad your appointment went well, I had one as well and have to go back on Friday and Monday. Think I may as well rent a room up there as I seem to be there all the time at the moment.

awww thats brilliant news hun.... been thinking about you all day!! so pleased it went well!! :hug: :hug:

awwwww hun glad it went well . thanks for the text :D sorry i wasnt quite with it, im like a zombie today :shock:

enjoy sunday :D

Glad all went well for you today hun! I have got a growth scan at 28wks too on the 30th January. I bet it was lovely to see baby again
xx

Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies its nice to have the support from people that understand :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mummy D, was really lovely to see her again even if she was asleep the whole time and didy wave at mummy :( . Ive got a 4d scan on sunday so im really excited for that :cheer: :cheer: Im seeing students next friday so will see her again for about an hour and then another growth scan at 34 weeks :cheer: :cheer: Im lucky to have so many as i find it really helps with the bonding, i feel i know her so well before shes even here :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have got growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. I had a section last time because i failed to progress. Got to 9cm though. Only thing that stopped things last time was position of baba. He was back to back and never descended down the birth canal at all from when i first went into the hospital to when the sectioned me. I am hoping that this time i might have a natural delivery. Keep you fingers crossed for me! :pray:

Fingers crossed all the way for you hun :pray: :pray: I hope you get to have the birth you want :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back