High chairs

Sarah13

Reaction score
I'm planning to go down the BLW route so expecting lots of mess and want Kynon to sit with us for meals so he's included, any high chair recomendations that are easy to clean and i would prefer a tray so he don't pull the table cloth and everything else off!

I know I'm thinking well in advance but I've been looking at bumbo seats. They look alot better than high chairs and don't take up much room (my house is very small). I read somewhere that LO can sit up better in them and can slump more in a high chair.

We bought a high chair that clips onto the table as we let Sebastian eat off the table (no tablecloth) and it meant he was right there eating with us x

i love my oxo tot sprout one but it doesn't fold down so if you have a smaller kitchen it wouldn't be great.

toptip - get one with a seat post so you don't have to do the reins at the mo while they can't climb out!

I know I'm thinking well in advance but I've been looking at bumbo seats. They look alot better than high chairs and don't take up much room (my house is very small). I read somewhere that LO can sit up better in them and can slump more in a high chair.

We've got a bumbo! Kynon likes it, the only thing is it's maybe too small for when he's a bit bigger plus you need to buy the high chair bit to put it in eventually. He sits in it now with his toys on the tray :)

I'm gona get a bumbo anyway so will use that at first.

You should try a highchair that has a table as the base & comes apart as a wee toddler table & chair, those ones are great, not that easy to store away though.

Oh and plenty of highchair mats for under, or you could use an old shower curtain instead

:)

I had one of those table and chair style ones for DD which was good, just the size of them!

My MIL bought me one as 'my' Christmas present lol
It folds, has a tray for baby with the post bit and a tray for mum which attaches to one of the legs, it's got wheels on one side so easy to move and is height adjustable so can be at table level or higher if I'm stood when she'll be feeding.
Will look up the name of it tomorrow as its under the stairs as we don't need it yet but I think it's a chicco one x

We just bought a mamas and papas folding chair from Argos for £60 and is good quality and also has a tray with a removable bit for dishwasher x

http://www.google.co.uk/products/ca...&sa=X&ei=RGAdT4nCGMLusgaxiYlI&ved=0CHwQ8gIwAA

we've just brought this ^^^ and the only thing that it doesn't have that i wanted was the seat post, but then as Flynn spends all of his awake time when in the pram sat up, he's used to rains anyway! it's great as it's really sturdy and even though its a hi/lo chair it still goes high enough to get the tray over the top of our dinning room table, and so once he's big enough we can take the tray off and just push it up to the table :)

my top tip would be to go look at some made up in shops . . . we treated it like we did when we went shopping for the pram! we chose the style we liked, and i found quite a few that we though of buying, but they were all £99, happened to be in asda and saw that one for £67 so we got it!

Those chair/table ones are quite good, the only problem hubby said was is they can be a bit of a pain to clean as they have lots of nooks and crannys, and they are quite bulky.

I think lots of high chairs can be a pain to clean with lots of nooks and crannies that's why I'm hoping to find one that is easy to clean! Think we'll need to go shopping like we did with the pram. Was thinking of gettingbone soon so he can sit and watch us eat now, or very soon anyway!

I've got a silver cross doodle which is a table and chair and it's really easy to clean. Plus when it's a table and chair it comes with pots for the corners to put stuff like crayons in and a pod in the middle of the table which I use to keep his highchair toys in! It isn't the biggest one but will eventually be in His room for him to sit at and play!

WE DID BLW AND STILL USING OUR IKEA ANTELOP ...oops sorry for caps, not typing it again!! it was about 15 quid, has a tray too but he now uses it to eat up at table (16 months) and is so handy to clip apart and shove in boot when we go to parents or friends houses for lunch. sooo easy to clean too. it's amazing

xx

We also have the ikea highchair and I love it. We bought it to use while I decided what highchair I wanted out of several much more expensive ones. I never did buy another one as the ikea one is perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back