Highchairs: tripp trapp / svan / other?

X5OT

Reaction score
Well, the time has come to buy Jenna a high chair :D I've been feeding her in her bounce chair, but she keeps bouncing all the time and we can't give her finger foods as she's not sat upright, so high chair is needed. We're going to go to two left feet today as they seem to have a very big range. I particularly want to look at the stokke tripp trapp, the svan and the mamas & papas primmo pappa evo. I love the idea of Jenna being able to sit right up at the table with us to eat, and the tripp trapp and svan both offer this. But I'm also concerned that we might miss having a tray (none available with the tripp trapp).

Any advice / suggestions from anyone who has any of these chair, or anyone who highly recommends the chair they have?

Thanks in advance!

we got the tripp trapp for Seren as we wated her to sit at the table, plus i liked the look of them. the plan was to use the same one for Cally but Seren still uses hers at the table (in chair form) so we are going to buy another one for Cally. i love it, so easy to clean, it looks fab, Seren was secure in it. i never found having no try a problem, if anything i prefered ot having a tray. great value for money, and you get years out of them

here she is at about 7 months
IMGP1151.jpg

IMGP1153.jpg

and the other week
girls169.jpg

Thanks for the reply beanie :D Yes, I love the way it can be used right up until they are adults, with the benefit of having them seated properly (ie legs not swinging!) when they are sitting at the table when younger (like Seren is now)

it is really good as a toddler chair. Seren is an independant madam and likes to do things herself. with the tripptrapp she can sit herself at the table,and like you said her legs aren't swinging down so is more comfy. the cushions get filthy but are so easy to take off and wash - I wash them once a week (or moreif they get food down them). One thing I will say is that apparently there have been reports about the tripptrapp tipping back through the child pushing against the table. I persnally have never found this, it hasn't put meoff buying another one, and TBH if you are leaving your child in a highchair with no supervision then people are asking for trouble. But I just thought I would say so you can do yourown research on this.

have a good look at them all and see which one is best foryou - have fun shopping :)

Have just replied to your PM but agree with Beanie that our tripp trapp was money well spent. I love it and they last for years. Tom is really happy in it and pushed up to the table so he can join in with us.
Lucyx

well, we are back from our shopping trip - haven't bought any high chair yet though. I still really like the tripp trapp, however it seemd almost impossible to get Jenna in (or out) of the chair without scraping her knees on the wooden bar. She was none too happy with this at all. Each time we tried to put her in it she just bent her knees to lift her feet up towards her chest so we ended up having to straighten her legs almost by force to get them into the chair. We spent about 2 hours in the shop in total - have to say they were incompetent and we ended up building the chair ourselves and trying some different combinations, but even when she was in it properly, all she kept doing was trying to stand up!

As a result, hubby thinks the chair is crap - he would prefer the mamas&papas primo thingy which I have to agree she looked much more comfy in, but not so good from a posture point of view.

Any suggestions? Did you have any problems getting your babies in and out of these (more getting in was the main problem)

Thanks

mwhat I can remember there were occasions where Seren wouldn't put her legs straight but after a few times we both got the hang of it. Saying that I found that with the other types we used when we went out for dinner.

Same here. It took a few goes. Now I stand Tom up in there and push his feet down and he slides down, no problem.
Lx

Thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone else has any feedback / comments / advice?

I am about to buy a chair so Ill keep an eye on this thread, but I did hear a while back that two left feet were a really bad company :? Dont know if its true anymore.

LilysMummy said:
I am about to buy a chair so Ill keep an eye on this thread, but I did hear a while back that two left feet were a really bad company :? Dont know if its true anymore.

We have been to twoleftfeet twice now and have vowed never to go back. If you want to go and browse products by yourself and do not want any assistance whatsoever, then they do have a fantastic range of stuff. However their customer service is dire to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back