High blood pressure

Flowerpower87

Reaction score
Hi all il be 38 weeks on Friday :) all the way through my blood pressure has been perfect- low if anything! Last week midwife got 138/80 and that's the highest it's been, anyway my dad was given a blood pressure monitor for a month off the doc as he's been on out on medication that can cause high bp when u first start taking it so I just had a go tonight and got 142/110! I did it 3 times at they were all about the same, I'm at the midwife for my weekly appointment at 9.30 so she will check it then but just wondered if anyone else has had a reading like this or it suddenly rise so high at the end?

Yes mine suddenly rose 2 weeks ago and I was sent into daycare for bloods and monitoring. My usual sits around 110/60 and it went up to 140/85. It came down to around 125/70 and bloods and CTG were fine so I was discharged. At my last appointment it was back to its normal.

The midwife should check to see if protein is in your urine, if your bp is still high they should assess you for pre-eclampsia. High blood pressure should be taken very seriously xx

Well midwife appointment this morning it's 140/90 and trace of protein in urine so I'm in hospital now for monitoring, they've dipped urine and no protein but bp is still 140/90! Sent some bloods away too.

I had this last time about 38 weeks - i have a BP machine and would regularly get 140/80 as a reading and midwife decided I didn't show any other symptoms and nothing was done. When I got to my apt and she took the reading herself I went to hospital for further monitoring, nothing was done in the end though as eventually went back to just under 130/90 after a few hours which is considered acceptable apparently. I gave birth naturally at 40+2.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back