High B/P

Annabanna33

Reaction score
Hiya, yesterday had 34 week check up with m/w and b/p was high. so she referred me to the MFAU. Unfortunately it was a nice blizzard coming along, so was extremely stressful getting there! Once there they took bloods, listened to bubs and took my b/p every 5 mins. still high. then registrar arrives. says we're gonna put you on b/p tablets for 1 week and have ur b/p and urine measured every other day. he also mentioned induction, which sent me into a total panic!!!
Anyone else had this and then got it under control??? Am starting to worry abnout any kind of plans i may have had for any kind of normal birth!!

A
x

when i was in hospital there were other women who had similar and got to 37-38 weeks but did have to have regular monitoring like you though have to say they did have inductions. ask to have a good chat about liklihood of induction.

Hi hun I have een on Methyldopa for high BP since about 27 weeks. They said they probably wouldn't let me go over but not induce early unless I started getting protein in my urine. As it turns out I have developed diabetes too (what fun) so am being induced early but that was down to the combination of the two

aaah right, yep im on that too. so far b/p has stayed the same even tho im on the tablets. getting it checked again on mon and weds, then off to the hospital on thurs. Am crossing fingers they'll just let me get on with it if it doesnt get any higher and that i wont have to be induced. Cross fingers!!!

A
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back