?s about high b/p in pregnancy

trena

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about high blood pressure during pregnancy. I am 18 and 26 weeks pregnant and I have had high b/p since age 13. I am not over weight and they can't find an underlying cause of my b/p so it is called "essential hypertension". At my last appt. my b/p was 156/93 :shock: ...thats higher then it has ever been. And my heart rate was 136 bpm. I have been having weird symptoms and was wondering if anyone knew if they are "normal". For about two months my hands have been slightly swelling and feel like I am holding them in fire. And when that happens I start swetting like crazy. But for the past few weeks it has truned into and EVERYDAY thing and its driving me crazy. Also, my eyes pulse with my heart beat. Everything I see pulses. And I get uncontrolably "anxious or nervous", I don't really know what it is. I will just be sitting there and I get all shakey and I talk really fast and can't sort through my words. Does anyone know if this is even REMOTELY normal?!?! Any help you could give me would be HIGHLY appreciated!!
Thank you, in advance!!

I would have thought your midwife can re-assure you and she should be monitoring you very closely. I developed pre-eclampsia in my first preg which is high blood pressure and protein in urine. I know you can have high blood pressure without having protein in your urine. I pressume there checking this.

If you have this "pulsing" (i kept getting that in my ears) then i would mention it to your midwife. I know they do blood tests which can check everything is normal and all is well.

On the weird feeling you were describing I never got this but when i was in hospital their was a woman (who had pre-eclampsia too) who had experienced very similar and the doctors were concerned, to be honest though i've no idea what it was related to.

It sounds to me as though you've reason to be concerned but I wouldn't panic. Your midwife will need to keep a close eye on you and your bump. All the best and i hope you and baby stay well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back