Hi, Not sure what to say :)

Welshy88

Reaction score
I'm Anna I've come to this forum as I would like some information on Rh negative and pregnancy. Me and my partner are wanting to try for a baby but are unsure of the risk with my blood group. He has a son already. Not sure what else to put :)

Anna x

Hi Welshy and welcome to pf!!

I'm rhesus negative and have just had to have a couple of injections of anti-D... It basically stops your blood cells fighting against babies therefore preventing rhesus disease. I had one injection at 18 weeks, which was earlier than it would usually have been because I fell over and knocked bump and they were worried that some of babies blood cells might have passed across the placenta into me and my body might have been making anti-bodies against them... If that makes sense... So I had a 500ml injection then... Then at 28 weeks I had the second injection of 1500ml which is a standard one. They are horrible injections and my arm was aching for a couple of days after each one... But they could be worse...

Once LO's born they'll do a blood test to check what blood group she is. If it turns out she is rhesus negative then that will be it, all over and done with but if she's rhesus possitive I'll just have to have one more injection (I think it's a precautionary one for future pregnancies but I'm not too sure).

Hope that helps :) xx

Hi Heppibean, thanks for your information :) I have been worrying alot about it. Me and my partner don't know much about it and have been looking it up online but got confused. Is it a big knock or a little nock that you haveto have the injection? I have been pregnant before, 3years ago, but pregnancy didn't carry on, am unsure if I had the anti d injection at the time as it is a blur. Is there anyway I can find out if I already have anti bodies? and will this make a difference?

Thanks x

When you have your booking in appointment and they do your bloods they'll test for rhesus status (but you already know) and for anti-bodies if there has been a previous pregnancy. If there are then you'll just have to have an extra injection early on. When I say I "knocked" bump... I tripped over my cat and landed flat on my tummy... So was quite a bad one...

How early on was your previous pregnancy if you don't mind me asking? As the standard first injection is at 20 weeks (around here at least) followed by the 2nd at 28 and occasionally they do one at 34 as well (not sure what that one is for but I didn't need to have it) xx

13 weeks. But I read somewhere that if u mc, have an abortion or fall etc then you haveto have the injection. Seems alot of injections which don't sound good hehe. Does the midwife give you the injection or is it at hospital? Does being Rh negative affect TTC? xx

welcome :) im rhesus negative also and my pregnancy was unplanned! Im only 18 and fell pregnant unexpectedly while being on the pill so as far as i know it shouldnt affect ttc. So far ive had a few bleeds and each time i have to get an anti d injection and like heppibean says it leaves your arm a bit dead and you feeling quite rough but the injections arent too bad :) The midwives told me though if you have any unexpected knocks to bump to go to get checked although at your 12 week appt after youve conceived they should give you some leaflets explaining it all. Heppibean is also right about the last injection helping future pregnancies as if our bodies make the antibodies it can cause stillborn or brain development problems but its all unlikely if you get the anti d injections :D good luck with ttc hope you get a sticky bean soon xxx

Thank you youngmummyd for ur help and info :) thanks for the luck I need it, ntnp for a yr with no joy :( but we r ttc properly now. Hope all goes well with your lil bump :) x

Hiya!

I'm also Rh negative and TTC :) Good luck! :clover:

xx

I'm Anna I've come to this forum as I would like some information on Rh negative and pregnancy. Me and my partner are wanting to try for a baby but are unsure of the risk with my blood group. He has a son already. Not sure what else to put :)

Anna x

you've just said it..:)

Welcome to PF , the girls will have lots of good info for you on here - good luck with TTC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back