hi everyone, new person in da house:)

bev

Reaction score
Hi all, just registered and already have questions, but will introduce myself first. my name is Beverley, I'm 30 and been married for 2 years this Monday :D Have wondered around the forum and u guys rawk! brilliant info and lovely women helping each other, fantastic!
We decided to TTC after coming off BCP in June. Always had regular cycles, but they were regular every few months. They are now every 54 days. used ovulation test kit this month, showed LH surge day 33, which was exactly same day last month observing CM (wow, TMI, sorry). At least i know i'm ovulating.
Anyone else cylce this long :?:
When using a HPT can i use it on day 10 after ovulation or day 50 of my cylce which is 4 days before AF? Sorry, it sounds like one of those horrible maths tests :D .
Sorry this is like a novel, will keep it shorter next time.
Thank you
Bev x

Hi bev just wanted to say welcome to the forum, sorry not much help with your questions but i do now that with a "first responce" pregnancy test you can test 3 days before your period is due!

love steph x

hi bev welcome to the forum im sure you will find everyone really friendly and welcoming :D
good luck ttc hope you get a bfp soon xxxxxxx

Hi Steph and Rach, thank you for the welcome. Steph, Jamie is adorable, congratulations.
Rach, congratulations on your pregnancy:)
I'm sure everyone will be a great help.
Bev x

Hi Bev

Welcome

They say you can test 14 days past ovulation. So if your ovulating on day 33 of your cycle - you can do a pregnancy test on day 47. That's some cycle..... good luck

x

Hi Bev

Welcome to the forum - I had really long cycles when i first stopped taking the pill, they are now around 30 days which is easier to manage! Hope you get a BFP soon.

Xxx

hi Bev
Welcome & happy ttc.
You'll get lots of info here & eventually will know where ur at.
Unfortunately havn't been on pill in long time so I'm no help.
But just wanted to say best of luck & hi.
Lorrie :lol:

Hi Bev,

We've been TTC since April, and my cycles are pretty erratic!! It was 28 days when I first came off the pill, then 31 days, 46 days and I am now on day 39 of this cycle and waiting for my AF to rear its ugly head!! I have done several tests so far as its hard to resist, but all BFN. We are still positive that it could happen for us this month as we don't know when I ovulate. We find it hard to check my CM as we have decided to BD every day and see how we get on. We are not using ovulation tests as we have heard they can be unreliable, and as we are BDing every day, there doesn't seem much point at the moment. We are getting married in December, so have decided to keep trying as we are until then, and if we still haven't conceived then we will start charting.

I am hoping that my cycles will shorten and settle down, but who knows!!

I'm fairly sure that you should wait to test until a few days before your AF is due, as although the implantation period is usually around 10 days, like everything, it varys from person to person!! (I think thats how it works anyway!)

Good Luck and sending you lots of baby dust!!

Em xxxx :)

Hi Bev!!

Welcome to this wonderful forum!! Good Luck in ttc and I hope you get a BFP soon!!!!

xoxo Ree

P.S. Sending baby dust your way!!!

thanks everyone for the welcome, lets hope we all get a BFP soon x x

Emma, i found the ovulation tests brilliant, as soon as you get the two lines indicating u will ovulate in the next day or so makes it soo much easier and u feel that your body is actually doing something different from the negative test the days before. i got mine from www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk, very cheep and arrived the next day by post.
Hope all goes well and you get a BFP soon.
Good luck on your wedding, December will make a fabulous month for a wedding.

Bev x x

I agree with Bev, I've found them really useful too. I bought the same ones and have also bought some from ebay, they're cheap and anything that helps to pin point ovulation if your cycle isn't regular is all helpful.

Good luck with your wedding and TTC. Baby dust for all of us!

Thanks Girls,

We've decided to try ovulation sticks again for the next couple of months,
so I will let you know how we get on!!

We get married in Antigua, so cant wait. Am hoping once we've paid for it tomorrow, life will be more relaxed, so it will happen for us soon!!

Baby dust to allxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can get them really cheaply on Ebay, try Twinkle and The New You. It's worth sticking with them.

When are you getting married?

Hi Bagpuss,

I ordered some from Access Diagnostics, so I will see how I get on with them! I've saved those names though in case they are no good!!

We fly out on the 7th December, get married on the 15th, then land back in the UK on the 24th. :D

Had to pay for it today :cry: :wink: Its a lot of money to pay in one go, but really really worth it!!

Can't wait, we are so excited. We are having a reception in January when we get back and have posted the invites today, so one more thing ticked off the list - yippee!!

Take care,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've used tests from them too, they're all as good as each other but their just cheaper on ebay.

How exciting! I hope you have a fab wedding and honeymoon, perhaps you'll have a honeymoon baby!

It is a lot of money but it's worth every penny. Enjoy your wedding day as it goes so fast. At least you've got a reception to look forward to when you get back as well, you'll be all sun tanned when everybody else is pasty.

Hi Emma,
Antigua sounds wonderful and from what i've seen on tv will definately be worth the money. I'm sure you both are excited with the wedding, honeymoon and TTC it's an exciting end to the year. Wishing you both all the best in the following months:)

Bev x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back