Hi, Emergency scan and confused!!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by *sara*, Jan 21, 2008.

1. *sara*

*sara* Well-Known Member

Hi Im new on here, im 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my second child, my first born is 8 yrs!! Big gap! I was admited to hospital on friday with pains in my side whitch they thought was an ectopic pregnancy, after a scan turned out its in the right place....but on my discharge letter from the hospital it says yolk sac seen but no fetal pole seen....the dr did say it was a bad scanner and couldnt see very well....should i be worried?? Has anyone else had this? xx

2. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

From past threads here in first tri about early scans, its not unsual to not be able to see much at all that early. Try not to worry too much.

If you do a search of the forum and put in 'emergency scan' or 'early scan' you should see some results of past threads. Or simply go back a few pages of the most recent posts and have a browse. Lots of posting about it

:)

3. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much. Some can be seen on early scans and some can't be seen until a week or so later. Are you booked for a follow up scan?