He's driving me crazy!!!

Yodabo

Reaction score
Ok, so the last week Drake has been waking constantly. Tonight for example, he's been in bed since 7.30pm and he's already woken 7 times (he's just woke up again!) so he's only going up to an hour at the most. Usually I put his dummy back in and he goes back off but I can be back up in 10 minutes as he's turns on his side and it falls out! It can be like this when I go to bed too.

The only other time he's woken like this was when he was 4 months so I don't know why it's happening again. I'm seriously tempted to go cold turkey with his dummy but is it the only answer? I just don't want to be cruel as he loves his dummy! Please help, Im so so tired! Xx

Really feel for you Hun! hope u got some sleep in the end, is he just waking for his Dummy? i think i would go cold turkey with the Dummy But that's easy for me to say because he's Not mine lol xx

Hope you managed some sleep Hun. I don't know what to suggest, I went cold turkey with lacey's dummy and it was hell for 3 days but it did work. I keep saying I'm gonna do the same with charley but I haven't got the guts yet! x x

Madison is doing exactly the same thing I'm always up down up down up down putting her dummy back in but I know she can do it herself if she can find it! Sometimes I wonder is she too cold, is it teeth I just hope it stops soon coz it does my bloomin head in x :(

Yeah, Drake can find his dummy too if it's in his reach! Thing is he can't be totally dependant on it as he's slept through the night a good few times and the other times he wakes up maybe once or twice.

Well after waking a further 3 times as he was proper crying I got him out of bed, gave him some calpol thinking it maybe teething. He had 20 minutes down here, went to bed and fell asleep till 6.15pm the dummy went in and he slept another hour. His top gums are really lumpy so I do think it's him giving grief. He's also grumpy this morning! I'll give it a couple of days, see if any teeth pop up and go from there...

Thanks girls!

Hey, my LO did this at 4 months too! Had weeks of it all thru night! Was so frustrating! I think it must gave been his teeth coning thru and dummy is a comfort to him with that as he chews on it! Touch wood last month he's been a gem! I put Aiden on his side and pit like his snuggle teddy just under his funny if that makes sense then it doesn't fall completely out! X

I think I would be tempted to cold turkey too! but easy to say as Devon hardley ever takes a dummy, well could never get it to stay in for more than a few seconds! Could you get him used to taking a teathing toy to bed like cold gel keys I have some made by nuby. Then you avoid the falling out thing, but he has something he can grab if he wants to chew to ease the teathing.

Hope you can sort something out, so you can get a break from it soon

Last edited:
Well, he was blotto when he went to bed at 7.15 last night. We had planned to go see the green lantern at the cinema so my father came round to watch the kids, I was kinda panicking cos of how restless hr was the night before. Well we got back at 11.45 and apparently he didn't wake once!!! I went to bed and he woke up at 7am so he slept right through! Don't get this boy! Lol!

Thanks girls, might be a different story tonight but I do think teething plays a big part of it, his gums on the top right are swolen and he has a little ulcer on them (or it could be a tooth poking through?

Herbie is the same when teething or coming down with something you can always tell as be starts waking in the night. You know what I'm like with comforts Im a big softy so couldnt take dummy of him but I seen on eBay the other day you can get teddy's etc the attach to the dummy and it's easier for the to find it but there safe they can't cover there face with them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back