Here I go again, flase alarms and spd and RUDE MW's!! (Long)

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Well I've just come back from hospital - again. After having contractions - again! :x But they stopped - again!

Yesterday morning I woke with really bad groin pains. I can hardly walk now and getting dressed / showering etc is like a torture. The pain is horrendous! Then last night I got contractions again, and they were agony too!

I phoned the hospital and explained what was going on, my contractions were 4 and half mins apart, and told the MW I was booked in for a section on the 6th. And she wanted to know why - so I told her anxiety and stress related reasons. She got really sh*tty with me and said they don't do sections for that.
I explained that my doctor, MW and consultant had all reccomended it, and she said she thought it was a 'ridiculous' reason to have a section and that I shouldnt have one. Therefore not to come in untill I was in established labour at 3 mins apart!!! :shock:

I was fuming!! In so much pain and so so angry, and then the contractions stoppped!! Can they stop through anger??

Anyway, today the groin pain was still just as bad so I went to my GP, who was disgusted at the hospital and rang to have a go at them and insisted I was assessed.

So I went to hospital, where all the MW's were just as arsey an horrible to me, demanding to know why I was having a section! In the end I just got arsey back and said they should talk to my consultant if they didnt like it and it had nothing to do with them anyway!

And it turns out I have SPD (?) where my pelvic bones are rubbing causing great pain. So I asked if they could get baby out a week early as I am totally incapable of doing anything (Dressing myself, showering myself etc) and they said no because its safer to leave baby till 39 weeks than do him at 38.

So they have prescribed me really strong painkillers to take along with paracetamol, and I am not allowed to drive, they will make me drowsy all the time, and they have told me to basically live like a zombie for the next week till my section. Oh, and i might need a wheelchair to get about if it gets worse!

So how can pumping my body full of mind numbing drugs be better for my baby that taking him out at 38 weeks??? Tell me that!!!! :evil:

They monitored him and said he was very healthy and strrong and his nervous system was developed (not sure how they know!) so surely he is safer out than in??

I have decided that the entire staff team are a waste of space!

I really want my waters to break now, so they will have to get him out! I dont want to take these strong painkillers, and can't stand another 8 days like this! GRRRRRRRRRR!! :evil:

Any ideas to get me going?

Oh and as i left, they mentioned that my consultant is sunning himself in the south of france at the mo - so I'm guessing thats the reason they wont do my section at 38 weeks!

Sorry for the rant. Really really wound up! :cry:

Piglet xx

i dont know what to say hun, it sounds like you are havin a really rough time at the moment. its disgusting how you were treated by the hospital and you are right it is none of their business why you are having a c-section if it has already been decided between you and mw and gp then there is no reason for them to get involved.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxx

i think i read some where that if you are anxious or stressed your body can 'hang onto' the baby. if you can try & relax & maybe look through your baby stuff & picture your lo wearing the little outfits etc maybe that will help. :)

I'm so sorry hun they sound lie a bunch of b******s :hug:

Try not taking the stronger painkillers and just taking things really easy. If I don't do too much my SPD is manageable. Keep your knees together at all times (so no more sex!) don't bend over to pick things up, don't try to walk too far and sit in a recliner as it takes the weight of the baby off the SP joint.

If you need any more info on SPD just PM me as I'm a bloody expert now.

a baby is fully term at 38 weeks, no reason why it cannot come out at this time other than its probably not convinient for the hospital to rescedule and elective.

My consultant has insisted that my elective C-section is done no later than 38 but then i placenta previa major so its going to be risky leaving it that long. another consultant i saw said i should go no further than 36 weeks and as the baby is big and healthy it should not be a problem.

i have spd as well and its not nice. had same probs with midwives saying its to be expected so have paid privately for an osteopath for the last ten weeks. i think the financial cost has been worth it for the pain relief.

They sound like a bunch of t*****s to me! I think that midwives forget sometimes that having a baby is a special important thing for women! They get so used to doing it day after day that some seem to lose their compassion and enthusiasm. It's nobody elses business why you are having a c-section and she is not paid to make judgements on you! Don't let it spoil the last few days of your pregnancy. :x

jac x

Sounds like your being messed around more then I have!
Stupid midwives can be so nasty at times :evil:

Don't worry Piglet it's nearly over then there will be no more meany midwives :hug:

I cant believe midwife was so rude :evil: With the temper I have at mo I dont think anyone would dare talk to me like that!! :roll:

Not long to go now Piglet although the next week will probably feel like a lifetime :?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: That's awful Pigletpoo, my friend at work had PSD last time and she was given a C-section at 37 weeks!!!!! She's pregnant again and she's going for her C-Section this time at 38 weeks, so I don't see the reason behind them wanting to wait

The NHS sucks big time, they just make it up as they go along to suit themselves.

Take plenty of rest, hope you feel better soon :hug:

I begged them to let me have the c section before 39 weeks because it really hurts when the baby kicks and she keeps kicking a nerve and it blimmin' hurts but they wouldn't. I sat there crying my eyes out and pleading with them but they refused!
It wouldn't hurt at all but they just like being nasty and mean.

:hug:
it sucks they were so rude to you, I hope you can rest okay waiting for the op or even better, the consultant comes back and makes the date sooner (any chance of that?)
:hug:

Oh, Piglet, I can understand you sooo much! Sometimes it feels, that they are not concerned about us (mums to be) at all!

How can anybody possibly be s****y to a pregnant women, that I dont understand!

Just try to concentrate on the fact, that you will have your baby soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.

I feel a bit better today, just really tired and emotional - I keep crying at everything on TV. I recorded Neighbours yesterday and watched it this morning, and sat crying! My OH woke me up to say he was going to work, and I burst into tears and wouldnt let him go!

I was really sick during the night tho, I didnt take the tablets else I would have blamed them. But at 5 am this morning I was puking my guts up.

Everything is so strange at the moment!

But I only have 8 days left I guess. So I am luckier than some others.

Thanks again :hug:

Piglet xx

Aw Piglet :hug: :hug:

I'm more emotional at the moment too, very easily upset, probably normal for our stage :roll:

Hope you feel better as day goes on :hug: :hug:

8 days to go, so lucky! :cheer: :hug:

You poor old thing! I've found that no midwives really like any of the pain relief / C section methods. Was talking to a trainee midwife the other day and even she was against epidurals already!

Hiya

Ah poor you, not long now until little bubs come. SPD is horrible isnt it, I had it bad from about 19 weeks :(

Make sure you keep me posted on how things are going

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back