Could I be in slow labour - Or am I getting way ahead of myself?

XXXKIEZXXX

Reaction score
Im 38+3 and been getting mild like period pains quite low down for last week, only every now and again though (Mentioned it to midwife and she said its completly normal at this stage)
Also have almighty pressure pains in my groin and nether regions, making even walking difficult, feel really uncomfortable at the momment, and also I am feeling braxton hicks/contractions every now and again too.

Apart from the groin area pain i cant say im having any other pain or labour symptoms.

Just curious a sthis is my first child so its all new to me.

xxxxxxxxxx

The pressure could be baby further engaging. I had quite an increase in bh's just before I had charley so it def sounds like your bodies getting ready

I was getting them too on and off for a few weeks and then all of a sudden one night, they just hit very badly. I was pacing around the house, in and out of bed, on all fours, on my knees, in two baths and took paracetamol and this is my first baby too and I wasnt sure what was happening.

Did you have sex atall before it happened?

It could just be normal, have you tried going in a bath and relaxing for a while?

The second bath eventually helped me along with 2 paracetamol xx

I've been getting them too for the past 2 weeks but they just come and go so it's not labour. Think it's just baby getting lower and your body preparing itself.

ok thanks ladies, il have to accept that il be waiting a bit longer for our little girl to arrive :eek:)
No didnt have sex Marianne, but im thinking lots of nookie and hot curry might help if she hasnt arrived by due date, especially if these pains in groin continue.

Thanks again x

Im 38+3 and been getting mild like period pains quite low down for last week, only every now and again though (Mentioned it to midwife and she said its completly normal at this stage)
Also have almighty pressure pains in my groin and nether regions, making even walking difficult, feel really uncomfortable at the momment, and also I am feeling braxton hicks/contractions every now and again too.

Apart from the groin area pain i cant say im having any other pain or labour symptoms.

Just curious a sthis is my first child so its all new to me.

xxxxxxxxxx

Don't get your hopes up hun - I've had this period pain and BH for the past 3 - 4 weeks and I'm 1 week overdue now! Warm baths will become your new best friend! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back