help!!!

kat1988

Reaction score
so heres my situation, I've been signed off sick with work related stress as basically my boss is bullying me doing several illegal things which has made working there impossible for me, so I'm on ssp but this isn't even nearly enough to cover my bills (I mean basic stuff like rent, council tax, electric not even considering food etc to live on!)

I've been told I can't claim any benefits because I'm on ssp (therefore earning 85.85 a week) and under 25, with the exception of council tax benefit of less than £3 a week-what a help!

I'm not sure what to do now as my outgoings are about £600a month just for basics (I live in a expensive area so this is really good!) but am only getting about £340 a month from ssp

how am I supposed to pay my rent on that, let alone feed myself or prepare for a baby!!! any ideas would be very welcome!?

:wall2:

Same situation but with £0 coming in a month. Relying on OH's £200 from student loan and part time job :( Rent is £395 plus like £80 council tax, electricity food and travel expenses.

I think quitting your job is the only way you'll get any help from this government. They wonder why unemployment rate is so high.

Other than that you could try and enquire about Sickness benefits? If you are signed off and getting ssp you must have a dr's note etc. You should be able to get some money from sickness benefits because of it. Basically it's what the job centre told me to do over the summer when I couldn't make claims for JSA/Income support.

Hope that you manage to get something sorted soon!

I've been looking into money and stuff after the baby is born as well, I really want to go back to work (after a couple of months) even if it's only for a few hours a week, but I can't afford to.

I'm so angry as I've been paying tax on my income and NI for nearly 10 years and I got told yesterday that I'm too young to qualify for tax credits!!! then I got told that £56 a week is what the gov says I can live on...that doesn't cover the cheapest rent possible in Hampshire, it wouldn't even get me to work and back for more than 5days!

I hope they can sort out your jsa and back date it, so your bills get paid, eventually! and hopefully sort out ma as soon as so u have some money coming in and can relax a little about the bills xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back