Help!

flinty84

Reaction score
I found out last week I was pregnant, I had a mmc last year and ended up having a erpc in October. Was told by the doctor on monday that as i have only had 1 mc they wont send me for an early scan, (didn't do bloods or a pregancy test) also not seeing the midwife until April. I'm not please as when I was going through the mc last time they told me when i fell pregnant again they would monitor me closer to make sure it was progressing as it should. Feel i'm alone. My OH is ok, but he's always seems to be sleeping at the moment cos he works early mornings.
I've decided to go for a private scan as the doctor wont send me for one, but want to know when would be the best time to go. I don't want to go too early, and not see anything, and have to go again.I am 5 weeks today from lmp.

Sorry for the rant, needed to get that off my chest!

I know how you feel hun. I also had a mmc in October last year but as I have only had the one there is a much lower risk of miscarrying a second time. Doesn't make us worry less though! I've booked an early scan at a baby bond clinic, they have loads throughout the UK so worth seeing if there is one near you. They do scans from 7 weeks onwards (mine is on Wednesday when I will be 7wks +5days) and it's a great way to put your mind at ease before the big scan at 12 weeks.

Hope all goes well xx

Thank you, had a look and they have one not too far away. Will deffinatly get one, as i'm a bag of nerves at the moment. Still got 2 weeks till I'm 7 weeks though! Fx for yours next week.

Hi Hon

I had a MMC in September followed by an ERPC.

I am now 11+1 pregnant. I have had 3 scans so far. 2 NHS (6weeks due to abdo pain and 8 weeks due to plain and slight bleeding) and 1 private 11 weeks.

At 6 and 8 weeks you dont really see too much but the scan at 11 weeks was amazing baba was even dancing for momma and poppa.

I noticed that you are in MK, for my private scan I went to a lovely lady in Mawsley (village between Kettering and Northampton) and she only charged £60 which I know is cheaper than alot of the places in MK. However she can't scan vaginally so you need to be 8 to 9 weeks or so.

Just wanted to let you know and I feel everything you have been through it is scary scary time

xx

Hi hun,

Firstly congratualtions :) :)

I would def recommend booking an early private scan.

Due to the fact I've had 3 prior miscarriages my GP will refer me to the EPU for an early scan on the NHS, but this is only because of my history.

It's sad that the NHS are so overstreched they cannot offer more support for ladies that have had previous miscarriages. Statistically though you aren't at any higer risk this time round.

I hope that seeing your little bean will help put your mind at rest

xxxxxxxxx

I don't think this is a sticky bean, had slight bleeding last night, and now have bleeding and abdo pain, going to see if i can get a doctors appiontment appointment for tomorrow, if not i'm going to the walk in centre, they were really good when I had bleeding last time.

Oh no, I hope you are ok hun. Fingers crossed everything is fine for you and it is just implantation bleed but definitely go and see your doctor just to make sure xx

How did you get on sweetie?

xxxxxxxx

Went to the walk in centre, after a 90 mins wait they did nothing, so just waiting it out at home. thankfully not painful, only minor cramping, and not bleeding more that normal af, although i'm really tired. This one feels easier then last mmc, and for that i'm grateful.

Went to the walk in centre, after a 90 mins wait they did nothing, so just waiting it out at home. thankfully not painful, only minor cramping, and not bleeding more that normal af, although i'm really tired. This one feels easier then last mmc, and for that i'm grateful.

Sorry to hear this sweetie

I am sorry there is nothing they could do for you....

Keep strong

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back