Help with weaning

mel_ed

Reaction score
finley's really started to take an interest in food and constantly has his fist in his mouth and has upped his feeds to 9/10 oz!
i was at nurture group the other day(little group that health visitors run)
they always have little nibbles on for us. this week they had chooped up loads of fruit for us.
anyway i sat there with my little bowl of fruit and he was trying to grab it while i was eating it so i let him suck on some banana and strawberries - he loved it!
so thought i'd start trying him with solids. where do i start????
i know teh health visitors are reallygood and will come out 2 me 2 help but i cant b bothered with the whole wait till 6 months crap!

I don't know a lot, but I've got a really cool little invention, it's from babies r us and it's a fruit net with a handle. You put chopped fruit in the net and let them chew the net and all the juices go to them, and the mess is just in the net! It even has a lid!

In terms of where to start, I think it's just baby rice or porridge once a day with a bottle. That's what I've picked up lol x

Yeh I've got the net thing I put orange in it the other day he loves it! They do them in tesco and asda aswell. I came him few spoonfuls of porridge with his dinner time feed.
Do you if I do this at every feed or just 1?
And when do I introduce vegatables?

prob mushed up rusks with his baby milk mixed up or baby rice in morrisons or somewhere which u can just add warm water :) an let him av that for breakfast an thats it for now id say until u think hes ready for more an poss make ya own foods for him or jar food baby food for 4months plus x

I give baby porridge 1st of all then when they're used to this I add bits of other things from the plumb baby range so he gets used to other tastes gradually. It's so nice I could eat it myself and most baby food honks! Couldn't bring myself to feed him something I wouldn't eat myself x

Like the sound of those nets, will be getting some of those!!

Yeah they look awesome! I'm looking forward to weaning just to use it :rofl: and I don't even have my baby yet! X

My kids were all weaned at 4 months , and now since they have changed it too 6 months, so I don't know if i will wait, unless I go for baby led weaning, but then that sounds like your baby did, grabbed himself and took a bite!

Go with what is right for you hun , think they say only start wi th one meal a day with milk so your not replacing too much of the milk they have too early

Last edited:
When you start weaning the idea is that the solids should compliment the milk and not replace it, so the best thing to do is pick a meal, breakfast is usually a good one, and then give them a little bit of baby rice/porridge with that same meal everyday.

I used to tip 1oz of milk out of Brookes usual bottle and make the baby porridge up with that, let her eat it then give her the rest of the bottle.

monty was weaned at 4 months and was fine dolly was weaned at 6 months and was and still is a total nightmare she just dosnt like food I think she think of being hungry and thinks of milk, I think she just got so use to milk for so long she just didnt know what food was and never took to it. Monty was always over the 90th centile and dolly at her 2 year check was on the 5th I know maybe there just different but I wont be waiting the 6 months this time with herbie I'm just not risking having another none eater and its caused her terrible problems with constipation as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back