Weaning- How early

soexcited

Reaction score
My little man is getting better at night but still doesnt sleep for that long the longest ever was 7 hours and that has happened 3 times. Mostly its still every 4 hours. He is a big baby and the health visitor said he will need weaning early. I was wondering whats the earliest you can wean a baby? I was going to start witha bit of baby rice at his last feed to see if that helps.

They suggest 17 weeks at the earliest but i started Leif on Baby rice yesterday.

they do say 17 weeks these days but I started Oran off on baby rice at 12 weeks and he was fine, no tummy problems or problems going to the toilet or anything, then I think i started giving him a bit of rusk about 14 weeks then started on baby (jar) food about 15 weeks (just started off 2 spoons a day and upped it every 3 days or so)

HTH

i was told by my HV that i could start Evie on babyrice from 16 weeks as she is on the 98th percentile for height and the 91st for weight. we tried giving her more ounces but it didnt work, so we strted her on baby rice at 3 months and 1 week.

i think he should be ok if you just give hima little to start off with, he'll soon let youknwo if her doesnt like it :D .

Thanks i was going to try him on a little baby rice at night in with his milk. My mum did this to me when i was 3 months old too. I will give it a go.

They say never ever mix anything in their milk though :?

Personally I would wait a bit longer anyway, obviously it's your choice but weaning early doesn't mean he will sleep better, he may sleep worse if he gets a tummy ache or something.

Hi

I agree with Urchin all the nurses docs here tell me this ?
Also was told mixing with milk was a big no no ? is this true

Alex has only started sleeping through from 7.30-7 this past week, even last night he was up twice. He's on solids twice a day, they've made a bit of difference but not much tbh. He's on the 98th centile :)
I would try to hang on to 17 weeks if you can, just because it's better for their tum if you do.

Unfortunately as I've found over the past 6 months, babies do wake up regularly through the night and though it seems that everyone elses baby is sleeping through, most aren't!

Well i have been giving Harry some baby rice for the past 3 days, he is sleeping better at night and did his longest the other day which was 8 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back