Help with recipes

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
I have bought a blender and now no idea what to make for H!

She has been on the jars for 3 weeks now but only 1 meal a day at tea time.

She's had a variety of tastes already so I know I can try her with pretty much anything (within baby reason that is).

Yesterday she had a jar of cheesy tomato pasta... Can I make the same thing myself? Can she have tomatoes and cheese? Omg I am clueless!

Any ideas guys? X

I'll just get Sophie her dinner then I'll write you out some from the annabel karmel book :) xxx

I used to give Stanley pasta, tomatoes a tiny bit of herbs, and bit of cheese blended up! He also loved cauliflower cheese! I made the cheese sauce with formula :) xx

Awww fab thanks girls!

Hunnie is the book good? Which one have u got? I was looking at the weaning one in Tesco yesterday and put it back thinking to myself id just get it of amazon x

Ive got the top 100 baby purees and top 100 meals in minutes. Got them used from ebay and one of them has a page missing but the other is immaculate and the two together cost me a fiver I think.

Sweet potato with spinach and peas
25g unsalted butter
50g leeks washed and finely sliced
375g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
50g frozen peas
75g fresh baby spinach washed and any tough stalks removed.

melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the leeks for 2-3 minutes or until softened, then add the sweet potato. Pour over 200ml water and bring to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add the peas and spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Puree the vegetables in a blender to make a smooth consistency for your baby, adding a little of the cooking liquid if necessary.

(suitable for freezing) Sophie loves this one!!

Potato, carrot and sweetcorn
25g unsalted butter
50g chopped onion
175g carrots peeled and chopped
200g potatoes peeled and chopped
250ml vegetable stock or water
50g tinned or frozen sweetcorn
1-2 tbsp milk

melt the butter in a pan and saute the onion for 1 minute. Add the carrots and saute for 5 minutes. Tip in the potatoes and cover with the stock or water and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and contine to cook for 5 minutes. Puree and stir in the milk to make the right consistency for baby

(suitable for freezing)

That's brill thanks so much! Just going to write those down :)

I have just made potato and carrots with unsalted butter and her formula milk! I was eyeing the tinned sweetcorn up to add in funnily enough but then I didn't because its the original sweetcorn I have rather than no salt one! X

For desserts there is ideas like mixing fruit puree with rusk to make like a crumble type thing. I more often than not just put all the stuff in the steamer rather than following the exact recipe but go along the basic flavour combinations. I found with some of the recipes the leeks were too strong for Sophie so I think next time ill use less.

It does say in the book though that carrots are more nutritious when cooked with a little fat such as unsalted butter as the betacarotene that they contain is then absorbed more readily.

You can get loads of recipes off the Annabel Karmel web site. I haven't found one that Jax doesn't like yet!

Annabel Karmel recipes are yummy! Wait until its more meals, I used to eat my bro and sisters lol there is a tomato lentil one that's LUSH

I just gave James carrot broccoli and potato mixed with an oz of milk and then apple pear and banana mixed with and oz of milk then he had 2 oz of milk after I've had to make my own food as the little bugger is refusing bottles....he was on 36oz a day now he's only taking about 27oz a day so milk goes in everything to make up to 30-34oz a day

xxx

Annabel Karmel recipes are yummy! Wait until its more meals, I used to eat my bro and sisters lol there is a tomato lentil one that's LUSH

I've recently made a fish with vegetable and cheese sauce and it's really delicious. Have to stop myself eating it when I feed Jax! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back