Help!!! Wedding rings stuck!!

babybo

Reaction score
Everyday I check to see if I can move them etc or if my fingers have swollen etc and it's been fine but today my fingers are huge and my rings are stuck!! I've tried all sorts to get them off but they don't budge!
Any tips?? I really don't want them cutting off as they are platinum and cost about £10 grand in total!!
Anybody had this issue and just left them on and they have been fine?? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335886072.403792.jpg

Only things I know is washing up liquid or butter. Xxx

sorry to tri hop yes washing liquid is supposed to b good ..hope u get it off soon looks painful x

Hold your arm up in the air for a while, it lessens the blood flow to your hands, and use some washing up liquid. Xx

sent from my MiniPro using Tapatalk 2

Ah think I'll try the arm in the air thing.
I've tried ice and liquid but no good!! X

I was going to suggest putting your hand in a ice bucket for 10 minutes to bring the swelling down.

They look quite sore honey and I wouldn't leave them if you can get them off as it'll end up cutting in.

xxxx

You could try running your hand under the cold tap too - that's how I got mine off

Arm up like Lynette said, and also try soaking your hand in cold water for a while see if the swelling goes down a bit.

I had to take mine off, only eternity rings but still mean alot and didn't fancy cutting them off, my nan had to have her rings cut off when she had one of my uncles and was not happy lol

I'll be gutted if I have to have them cut off. My hubby will go mad as he kept telling me to take them off xx

I had a moment where I thought I couldn't get mine of yesterday - but thankfully found if I tackled it one ring at a time it was easier.

Hope one of the above tricks helps though!

Ooo just seen the pic! Thats very swollen sweety I hope it goes down, defo get ur arm up in the air

sent from my MiniPro using Tapatalk 2

Are your fingers less swollen in the morning? Perhaps try the ice and washing up liquid tricks then?

I hope you get them off, that looks painful :(

Rite. Stop trying to take them off. Let it finger get a brake.
Once that swelling is down, wrap tightly cling film around your finger just by ur ring.
I used Vasaline some people use butter. And gently twist ur rings off. Bloody hurts like hell but I managed it.
Hubby wanted me to get mine cut off. I managed to get my engement ring off in the bath and then took me 5 days to get wedding ring off.
Just don't stress and take ur time.
Make sure the cling film is tight.

Hope this helps. Worked for me.

Use loads of lube, and keep adding it.
Dose hurt over bone joint but the releif when they are off

Ouch that looks really painful!! Hope you get sorted!!!

Ouch! Poor you!

Just to add to what others have already suggested - my fingers get more swollen as the day goes on, first thing in the morning might be best to try. Elevate your hand for a whole, whilst wrapped in frozen peas/whatever, then use something slippery to get them off. I used hand cream before, or stretch mark oil!!

Looks so sore. Hope u get them off soon. Don't have any ideas except wots already been said.

Thanx girls!! Think I've made it worse as been trying to get them off loads today. Will try again Tomoz, will try the cling wrap idea too. Wish it was winter as my hands always shrink in the cold weather and rings usually fall off!!
Will keep you posted. Got my baby shower on sat too so I'll either have a very red sore finger from pulling them off or a very fat finger with two rings on!! X

This happened to me last week and definitely got more swollen the harder I tried. I managed to get mine off one at a time by twisting but it hurt! The thing is, knowing they were stuck made me want to get them off even more!

Good luck hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back