when to be concerned about swelling?

roxane 1985

Reaction score
i was just wondering when do we actually need to become concerned about swelling in the hands.

its weird my hands dont actually look any different at all but and i know swelling is a normal part of pregnancy, just i woke this morning to find i cant get my rings off my fingers, the one ring is actually hurting my finger from digging in, these rings are normally easy to spin around on my finger but if i try to get them off just before my knuckle its like they are 2 sizes too small.

like i say my hands dont look swollen so at what point should i get concerned - if at all?

How far along are you?, I think that if your BP is elevated and you have protein in your pee then you should get help, but if its a single symptom then it may just be temporary, do you have any pains in your arms at night? X

I have this in the mornings too, as i go through the day and drink more water my sausage fingers start to reduce and i can get my ring off again, if you are concerned hunny i would speak to your midwife x x

How far along are you?, I think that if your BP is elevated and you have protein in your pee then you should get help, but if its a single symptom then it may just be temporary, do you have any pains in your arms at night? X

well had a midwife appointment fri BP was ok but they said there was a bit of preotein in my waters it just wasnt int the plus stages (whatever that means lol)

sometimes in the night i can wake with like a numbness on my left arm and leg as though ive been sleeping on it, but not every night and dont remember having it last night

Just keep an eye on it hun, drink plenty of water throughout the day if you too, the numbness could be carple tunnel syndrome, due to the swelling in your wrist, pressing down and trapping a nerve when you sleep, if it starts happening every night you can get a wrist splinter made which does help I had this in both arms it kept me awake most nights, I also had pre eclampsia from 24 weeks onwards, but I think its when you have all three symptoms they say its that, the fact your BP is ok is a really good sign so don't worry yourself xx

thanks girls

well managed to get my rings off so keeping them off rest of day as it made them sore when they got stuck

will keepmy eye on it and maybe mention it to consultant on wednesday

hi hun

my fingers have swollen a bit too, i have had to take my wedding rings off, so got them on a necklace now. no swelling in my ankles tho so far which is good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back