Help! waters breakings...

lcfrydland

Reaction score
Not to go into too much detail but I've just been to the loo and after doing a pathetic number 1 and moving on to a number 2, I got a small but not insignificant amount of water passing but I couldn't tell from where!

Does this sound like the forewaters breaking or am I just being hopeful!?? I'm now 5 days overdue you see...

I don't feel like I'm having contractions, I'm not in pain at the moment, but I was up at 5am this morning cleaning!

Any descriptions of waters breaking would be most welcome!!

Thanks,

A first time paniking mum....

Liane.

When my waters went i knew about it but everyone is different. I would ring your midwife or Labour ward and speak to them to be on the safe side.

Put a pad on if you keep feeling trickles then its you waters....especially if you go lie down and feel it when you get up

I am trickling but not constantly only now and again....so its justa watery show for me...been going on for a week.I'm 3 days over by my date and a week over from my scan dates... :wall: :wall:

Okay - nothing else has happened much since first posting - so I'm going to assume it wasn't my waters breaking!

I did put a pad on, but nothing much appeared on it.

Never mind. I'll tell the midwife when I see her this afternoon.

Thanks to those that posted a reply - and so quickly! Very reassuring to know there is someone I can talk to :)

Liane.

I often find that I can go for a wee, then if I wait a minute or so and sit more upright on the loo and tilt myself forward a bit, I can wee more! LOL

I hope it makes sense but I did this for the first time a week ago and was a bit freaked out incase it was my waters trickling, but now I do it every time to make absolutely sure I'm emptying my bladder and it feels much better.

Hi, sorry this might be TMI!

In the middle of the night I went for a pee and noticed a wet spot where I would normally get discharge in my undies. Went back to pee again an hour or so later, same thing happened, didnt smell and didn't seem to be soaking my underwear in the same spot where drips of urine would. This carried on throughout the night. I'd had an upset stomach earlier in the day and felt a bit off anyway, couldn't sleep and was pacing the room but no contractions or anything. Went for a bath and still felt weird.

Eventually I fell asleep for all of 20 mins, then decided to phone the midwife, who told me to come up (just to make sure it was nothing, or so I thought). On examination it was confirmed that yes my waters had gone, and because I didn't go into labour naturally I was induced the next day, with the remainder of my waters artificially broken (which was like a river flowing!)

So the advice would be to always get it checked out by MW, just in case as there is a risk of infection.

Go get it checked out, my waters went in little trickles. No big gush till i was in labour and 4 cm dilated. As i didnt go into labour naturally i was induced. Its better to have it checked out.

Me neither, but how bloody exciting!!! Sounds like there'll be a few new arrivals on the cards soon then!! :cheer:

Hope baby arrives soon! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back