PANIC! Labour or not???

violet-glow

Reaction score
Ive just spoken to my mum and OHs mum and asked them about 'front waters' because ive been leaking water since yest morning, not much just a little every now and then. Both of them think I should ring the hospital because they think my waters are going slowly. But the thing is ive been getting braxton hicks since 5 o clock and babys gone hard now and stopped moving :think: But theres no pain so im really
confussed. Im getting a bit of pelvic pain, but ive got that alot over the past few weeks.

I was induced with my son so have no idea about waters breaking etc, I just remember the period pains that got stronger and stronger.

Surely if im going into labour now there would be pain??

Hi , i would phone the maternity ward just to be on the safe side . ur waters maybe breaking slowly.i remember that hardness in your belly when i went into labour. good luck and keep us posted.x

what is the water like?

everytime i stood up i had a gush of water and they put it down to water infections :roll:

when my waters actually did break i had a show the night before and my waters were leaking - felt like a really heavy period when i stood up.

is it constant or only when you have been to the loo?

ToriElla said:
what is the water like?

everytime i stood up i had a gush of water and they put it down to water infections :roll:

when my waters actually did break i had a show the night before and my waters were leaking - felt like a really heavy period when i stood up.

is it constant or only when you have been to the loo?

Its on and off throughout the day. The wetness is clear and not smelly :oops: but theres only a little bit at a time, but enough to make me change my nickers :oops: sorry TMI

it could just be increased discharge - i think it does increase for alot of people towards the end. I would watch out for period type cramps and back ache.

Before i went into labour i felt like i didn't want to leave the house or see anyone. it was weird - like my body just knew.

i thought i had a stomach bug on the saturday too (i had eva on the tues) so i think my body was clearing itself out

clevor body! :D

aw i hope you are ok. keep up posted!! do you have someone to text if it is labour? xx

Hi

This is what my waters did for the 36 hours i was in labour with my first. So you definatly need to phone the hospital. Also is the baby moving?

i would phone the hospital hun
when i was losing fluids at 24 weeks all i felt was really wet in my knickers (sorry) .
put a sanitary pad on so you can see if it clear(ish) or like discharge.
good luck hun

sarahxxx

Sorry I havent updated my mum came round because OH is in work. She was a bit worried about me I think... bless her :D

claire81 said:
Hi

This is what my waters did for the 36 hours i was in labour with my first. So you definatly need to phone the hospital. Also is the baby moving?

Yes babys moving now. Its become very active in fact. So ive put the pelvic pains ive had down to baby moving.

sarah113 said:
put a sanitary pad on so you can see if it clear(ish) or like discharge.

My friend suggested doing that so I did last night and its clear.
I wouldnt have thought of doing it :doh: lol

My back waters were leaking for a couple of days with my first before i went to get checked cos i didn't know what it was. Pains didn't start till over 48 hours later just before they were going to induce me. If you end up going in to get checked out they will want to check your pad, i had to do this even though i was a week over.

Im much better than I was last night, less paniced.

OH got home last night and had a go at me for not calling the hospital, because when we went to bed there was a bit of water again :?

So were going to wait till he gets home from work today about 2pm and im going to call the hospital and ask their advise.

:hug: will keep you updated xx

Let us know how you get on Violet - every little twinge is a worry at this stage isn't it?!

Ooooooooooooo good luck with that! As I am a first timer I cant offer anything except :hug:

Waiting to hear some news Violet! You might still beat Eblinx yet! :wink:

hope you are ok! i'm dying to hear news that your LO has arrived! xx

violet-glow said:
Ive just spoken to my mum and OHs mum and asked them about 'front waters' because ive been leaking water since yest morning, not much just a little every now and then. Both of them think I should ring the hospital because they think my waters are going slowly. But the thing is ive been getting braxton hicks since 5 o clock and babys gone hard now and stopped moving :think: But theres no pain so im really
confussed. Im getting a bit of pelvic pain, but ive got that alot over the past few weeks.

I was induced with my son so have no idea about waters breaking etc, I just remember the period pains that got stronger and stronger.

Surely if im going into labour now there would be pain??

sometimes your hind waters break Violet and its a trickle every now and then like to describe. Id phone the hospital though to be on the safe side.

No news yet. Called the hospital... spoke to a ignorant midwife who said;

'It sounds like my front waters have gone and my plug has come out. But seen as though I dont need a pad constantly, she said not to worry' :shock:

So I told OH and OHs mum aswell as my mum who were all pee'd off at what the midwife had said and so am I to be honest. If she thinks my waters have gone then surely that can be dangerous and cause infection seen as though they have been leaking slowly since wednesday.

Anyway going to leave it for tonight and call again tomorrow if nothing happens.

Does anyone know how long it can be until you go into labour if your front waters have gone?? Its been nearly 3 days now :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back