Help please

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Well my lines are still there on the tests I am doing but getting no darker - I have just made an appointment to see the doctor at 12.30 pm as this is nearly killing me...... I cannot think of anything else and my work and home life is suffering. How do I get them to do a blood test? I'm 16 dpo and 2 days late - not much I know but I would have thought the test lines would be really strong by now!!

Does anyone know if doctors will do a blood test and get the results back on the same day?

Sorry to be a pain but I feel in such limbo....

i think you oly get the results back same day if you have them done at hospital hun
as others have said on here try not to worry about the lines not being to dark
do those tests have dark lines? as some just have faintish lines compared to others
manda xx

I think when measuring the HCG levels through a blood test they do 2 tests, a few days apart. This is to see if they are doubling / increasing, so I don't think you'd be getting an answer the same day.

Unfortunately most Dr's are very detatched when it comes to possible early miscarriages etc, they tend to take the opinion that if its going to happen then nothing can be done....they don't and won't prioritise tests because of this. I know from personal experience how upsetting this can be, so sending you big hugs and hope you get the answers you want... :hug:

Sorry Hun - I don't know how long they take to get results but wishing you the best of luck anyway :hug:

Hello Hon,

When I've had blood tests done with the docs it has taken a few days to get the results but when I have done it privately it's the same day or early the next day.

I hope they will speed things up for you, this must be causing you terrible stress whiich isn't good for you or baby.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Becs xxxx

When i had blood test at the hospital i got the results the following day. Not sure what the GP will do if i am honest. I wouldn't worry about the test lines too much - sometimes it depends on how concentrated your we is. Hope you find out the answers soon x

positive tests are a good sign sweetie, i agree that it may just be dilute urine.

i hope the doctor can give you some reassurance at least. it must be so frustrating :(

xxxx

It took my tests about a week to start getting noticeably darker.
Good luck hun, I hope it's the same for you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Don't know about results, but good luck with the GP.

Some tests don't have really dark lines and others do. I had an absolute negative on the Monday (when I was already 2 days late) yet by Friday that week it was a really quick positive.

Spoke to the nurse - she gave me a talking to and said a positive is a positive and to relax and enjoy being first pregnant!! Dont or wont do blood tests ....... She said it was early days yet only a couple of days late and that with some people tests never get very strong in colour but they still have babies after 9 months!! She also suggested I stop testing - spent another £30 today!! and saved the money for baby stuff - lol - my DH would have a fit if he knew how much I have spent over the past 4 days .....................

Aww good for you! If I was in your shoes I'd try to take her advice and enjoy it :D Congrats and good luck :hug:

It took a week after af was due for me to get strong positives - I got a very very faint line at 9 dpo and they got gradually darker - What tests are you using - I got my first dark line with First Response Early tests - Expensive but worth it for the peice of mind!
Although I was still testing once a week till I was 9 weeks pg!

Thats what I have been using - the lines are there just very faint - today I have used a clear blue as well - both have faint lines but I think the line on the first response is fainter than yesterday's - although I was not able to do it till I'd been to the shops to buy it!! so it was 3 or 4th wee of the day........... Did a digi at 12 or 13 dpo and that said not pregnant and thats what is in my mind I think - will wait till after the weekend and if AF has still not started I will do another digi test. Have 3 first responses left and I will carry on testing just first thing :fib:

hope you feel a bit better now hun :hug:

try relax and enjoy it, whats your OH saying?

xxxx

He wont talk about it - we had a chemical pregnancy last month and we both got really excited so this time he is just saying until he has heard a doctor say i'm pregnant he wont believe it ....... In fact he is getting quite annoyed now as I dont seem to be able to do anything other than worry about these bloody lines!! Need to stop it for everyones sake - feel like going to bed and sleeping for 3 days and then testing again....

:hug: such a horrible time,

do you know i said your exact words today but i wanted to sleep for a month :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Aww ROM hope you feeling a bit better today :hug: :hug: :hug:

That sucks that your OH wont talk about it when its probably all you can think of. Dont worry though babes, there's a whole bunch of people that will talk about it all day very day with you

have you posted the pics of your BFP's?

x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back