Help please!!!!

stormiedawn597

Reaction score
I started passing out this morning and getting sick. So I was sent to the ER. There they did an ultrasound but couldn't find a heart beat. Also, they looked at my hcg levels from almost two weeks ago when I first found out I was pregnant as compared to a test I had done 2 days ago, and they were only 4000, which wasnt where they wanted them. However, they retested them and they at over 6000 today.
The thing is, they thought I am at 9w, but I believe I am only 5w4d considering I had an AF heavy enough to use full pads for 3 days in late March which would make 9 weeks impossible. Only thing is that it lasted 3 days as opposed to my usual 5-7 days so they thought it might be implantation.. But I don't agree.
If I am truly at only 5w4d then all of this would be fine, right?
Any input would be appreciated as my heart is breaking!!

If you are only at 5+5 it'll be too early to see a heartbeat, are they going to retest you in a week? You're hcg level is still rising too so that's a good sign

If you are only at 5+5 it'll be too early to see a heartbeat, are they going to retest you in a week? You're hcg level is still rising too so that's a good sign

I had one scheduled for my regular OB so we're doing that still. They're also testing my levels then. But yes, my levels increased by almost 2000 from Monday so thought that was good.

What made them say 9 weeks? I think the best thing to do is put a plan into action to help put your mind at ease. Will they test your levels again in a couple of days? Also maybe book a private scan in a week. If you are 5+4, it'll be too soon to see heartbeat now, so you'll be able to see it in a week. You've got sickness and rising hcg, both really positive signs so try and focus on that if you can. I know it's hard xxx

What made them say 9 weeks? I think the best thing to do is put a plan into action to help put your mind at ease. Will they test your levels again in a couple of days? Also maybe book a private scan in a week. If you are 5+4, it'll be too soon to see heartbeat now, so you'll be able to see it in a week. You've got sickness and rising hcg, both really positive signs so try and focus on that if you can. I know it's hard xxx

They were going by my last "normal" AF, which was March 21st. But still, I had regular bleeding for 3 days and spotting for 3 days after on April 15 so that can't be implantation bleeding, right? It was too heavy. It just wasn't my "normal". Also, they were thinking it was measuring 9w from the scan. But she seemed to be having a lot of difficulty with the scan itself so I'm not sure she really knew. I'm getting my previously scheduled scan from my regular doctor in 2 days and will be getting my levels tested again then. My rising hcg is the only thing keeping me moderately sane at this point.
Thanks xx

Some women have short periods thoughout pregnancy. It's rare, but it does happen. It's not exactly a period, obviously, but it's usually just like a shorter period and not as heavy or long, and around the time that they'd normally have a period. So it's very hard to tell whether bleeding is implantation or just a bit of general spotting.

I would def get that previously scheduled scan in 2 days and get a second opinion. It's possible that the lady who saw you was new or not very experienced, or that baby was in an awkward position. You could also try ringing an EPU (early pregnancy unit) if you have one nearby, and beg them to see you.

Keep us updated xx

Some women have short periods thoughout pregnancy. It's rare, but it does happen. It's not exactly a period, obviously, but it's usually just like a shorter period and not as heavy or long, and around the time that they'd normally have a period. So it's very hard to tell whether bleeding is implantation or just a bit of general spotting.

I would def get that previously scheduled scan in 2 days and get a second opinion. It's possible that the lady who saw you was new or not very experienced, or that baby was in an awkward position. You could also try ringing an EPU (early pregnancy unit) if you have one nearby, and beg them to see you.

Keep us updated xx

It was just as heavy, but not as long. I definitely see how it can be tricky 😩. I'm just still confused at the fact that my levels are steadily rising, and all symptoms and cycles show me at 5+5 but she said 9w after a lot of trouble with the sonogram and asking about AFs. I don't think she quite got a good reading because it took FOREVER and she was having so much trouble.
Thank you
Praying for the best xx

keep us updated. can't they give you any sort of indication of how far along you are from your hcg levels. Also it's ridiculoys that they scanned you and still weren't sure how you were measuring!

keep us updated. can't they give you any sort of indication of how far along you are from your hcg levels. Also it's ridiculoys that they scanned you and still weren't sure how you were measuring!

I believe so, and my levels are good for being 5+5 like I thought I was, plus they're still rising. And it would explain why they were having trouble seeing a heartbeat. But apparently they think I'm measuring 9w?? It doesn't make sense when everything else points to 5+5. 😩😩😩

So at my scan today they told me that I truly am only about 5/6 weeks and everything looks great!! So thankful! ❤️

Phew - brilliant news! You must be so relieved xx

Some of these 'professionals' need to have a really good think about what they say. To insist that you were 9w, when they clearly couldn't be sure, is just creating worry for no reason. They should have given you all the information and say it was too soon to be sure of anything.

So glad to hear that all is good :)

I am so absolutely relieved!! I cannot believe that she told me I am 9w, considering she made a note in my results that I was measuring weeks earlier than that anyway! And sent the results to my ER doctor who told me that I miscarried. I then had to wait 2 days to get that confirmed by my actual OB, who said I was right and everything is fine. It makes no sense to me, but I'm just glad baby is staying out and right on schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back