Please Help :S

Megs

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Well this morning i found out i was pregnant, i'm only a couple of weeks gone but am sooo excited :D
I am really worried tho, as 2 days ago i took two flu tablets because i thought i was getting a cold..would this have affected the baby?
Please help xxx

Hi Megs,

I don't know if you will have harmed your baby, but if you are really worried then you should call your GP and discuss it with them. I do know though that there isn't much you can do about it now, just make sure you take the right vitamin tablet and keep your fingers crossed?

I got quite drunk the weekend before I found out I was pregnant, but again, there isn't really anything I can do about it now, so just have to hope for the best.

xxx :hug: xxxx :hug:

Hi Megs

Congrats on your BFP!

Firstly, don't panic, most flu medications are safe to take during pregnancy, although it's recommended that you go easy on ones with caffeine.

Secondly, don't panic! :lol: Lots of people have alcohol, take drugs or medications and eat things they shouldn't before they find out they're pregnant. My friend was drinking every night up until 8 weeks when she found out she was expecting and has a beautiful healthy boy.

If you think about it, there is no actual placenta in place yet so there isn't really a massive risk of things affecting your baby. Of course you should be careful now you know but all the books I've read say that there really is no need to worry unless you've been really overdoing it.

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

don't worry hon, you weren't to know. I got absolutely hammered a couple of days before my BFP, and everything is absolutely fine, so I don't think a teeny bit of what is essentially mild medication is gonna hurt. You have to remember that there is a big difference between taking tablets once and taking them regularly - they have to say we can't take things cos otherwise we'd think we could take them all the time, but a one-off especially at your stage is really unlikely to cause any problems hon.

Welcome to the forum and many congrats on your pregnancy :cheer:

I ate ALL the bad things you should avoid before I found out I was pregnant but now I know I'm being more cautious. It's the same with meds, the vast majority of them are fine to take in pregnancy so I wouldn't worry about it hun.

:hug:

i doubt it sweetie, my first pregnancy was unplanned and i didnt find out until i was 6 weeks gone and before then i took cocaine amongst other things :oops: luckily my baby is fine! not that i'd endorse that of course! just dont take anything from now on, and mention to ur midwife. sure its all fine though :hug: x

Thanks everyone! You have all really helped :D :D
I hope you all have good pregnancies and healthy babies too, look forward to talking to you all through the next tew months :cheer: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back