Help please, TTC advice needed!

lisey27

Reaction score
Ok, so I am awaiting AF after my miscarriage last month. I want to take control again and know what I am going to do to improve our chances a positive ASAP!
So do any of you think WELLMAN conception (or other fertility vitamins) are worth OH taking. he is pretty healthy but he does smoke. I am so scared of miscarrying again and want some nice healthy sperm :roll:

Also what are your opinions on BD'ing. Every night or every other night (and each day over ovulation) We DTD every day last time and we miscarried, Im not sure if it has any relevance or connection.

Any advice, guidance is appreciated xx

Last edited:
Hey hunny, sorry to hear about your mc. I'll be honest I don't know a huge amount about mc but I think it can happen for no reason at all so I don't think it'll have anything to do with when you bd. But from what I've read every other day is good, it keeps all the swimmers fresh and I'm guessing makes sure the 2 of you aren't completely shattered :)

Personally I'm being pretty chilled out about ttc, but am taking Pregnacare and Evening Primrose Oil (only until ov), being generally healthy and bding every other day, although it's been every day recently :blush: OH is generally healthy but doesn't take any vitamins, although I know a few of the ladies OH's on here take them.

Wishing you all the luck in the world hun and if you find any tips pass them on :) xxx

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your reply.
They said at the hospital that is was just one of those things and that my chances of having a successful pregnancy next time are high as I already have a son-and they say because of this its unlikely to be a problem with being able to carry etc.
I too am going to take EPO and folic acid aswell, along with healthy eating etc. I dont want a 'plan' as such for BDing as I think it puts pressure on OH but I am worried that if we dont BD every day then we could miss the one day that one could make it! I know they can last a few days but just not sure whats best, like you said, every other day they are 'fresh' :) lol.
I will definately pass on any tips. We are trying fertility monitor this time too so I will be sure to let everyone know if it works xx

Well I have decided that we will dtd as much as we want to as I just read on fertility friend that there is no reason to reduce the amount of intercourse unless there are problems with sperm production to begin with-and that the more the better so to speak. So thats my new plan. Very excited to try again and hopefully get my sticky beanie xx

sorry to hear about ur MC hun. this cycle me and DH BD'd every other day due to both being shattered from work but apparently the sperm can live in u for like 3 days so every other should be fine but if you want to make sure then by all means do it everyday lol wish i had the energy to do that as poor DH wouldnt know wot hit him lol

anyway good luck hun hope u get a sticky bfp soon xxx

Hi sorry about your MC, i know what your going through at the moment. Both times i fell pregnant we only BD once over OV, i know it doesnt work like that for everyone but as long as you do it a couple of times over OV you should catch.

As long as your body is fully recovered form the MC there is no reason why you cant start TTC straight away.

FX you get your sticky BFP soon

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back