Help needed, HEARTBURN

irishgal

Reaction score
Hi I'm feeling sorry for myself today and looking for any advice to stop this heartburn! Iv been on medication for it for a few months now but now the tablets no longer have effect.

I haven't slept a wink last night, had to go through work today still suffering and I'm now still the same :(
I have drank tonnes of milk, gaviscon, yogurt, gum, baking soda and prescribed medication from doctor. I think as I haven't been eating much for this entire pregnancy it doesn't help either empty stomach alot of the time :( I'm just so fed up and feel like due date is too far away x

Oh poor you!! I only just started getting it lat week and it's horrible!! I've actually noticed mine can be worse when I'm hungry, rather than when I've over eaten/eaten the wrong thing. Are you having regular snacks?

Rennie!!

Also put bricks under your bed posts - your head end! I have 3 under each post - so your bed is on a slant!!! Works wonders for heart burn!!! :)

Don't lay flat - its a killer! Plus too many pillows give you neck ache!! X

Ah I'l try rennie. Yes gaviscon turns my stomach but I'l try anything. Even baking soda is awful but only gives relief very short term. I've had a good cry to myself tonight as I was throwing up as acid coming up when I dozed of to sleep. And one thing for sure crying is not a remedy for heartburn :) helly welly today iv tried eating better and there are days I snack lightly but it seems to make no difference! Thanks for the kind suggestions x

I was the exact same... Doctor gave me ranitidine and they have been amazing. Rennie and gavisgon didn't work for me at all. X

Kezza that's what I'm on but think now iv bn on them too long that they no longer work. One in morn and one in evening. Does anyone know if wen the baby's head engages that it will have any relief on heartburn?

Oh larlybelle! Just seeing your duedate is today!! Oh how exciting xxx

Nope my baby is 3/5th I'm due on Thursday & still have horrendous acid reflux - to the point of being sick!!!!!

The best advice I was given - was the bricks & keeping a healthy dose of gaviscon & rennie in your system...... :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - you might be different though....... I have big babies!! X

I'm the same I take 2 ranitidine a day but depending on LOs position still get it terribly. Consultant prescribed me something to take before I went to bed in addition to ranitidine so go see GP see what they suggest. Sorry can't remember other drugs I'm on xx

The rennie r yummy as well of u get the fruit flavours. They taste like refreshers! Lol!

Well one thing for sure i can give you a heartburn cure that is out of stock or reach for me at the min CHILDBIRTH :)
And although physically I still feel crap I'm glad I posted for help as it has cheered me up a little that others understand wat I'm going through. ( not that I would want any of you to have the heartburn of course!)

Hi I'm feeling sorry for myself today and looking for any advice to stop this heartburn! Iv been on medication for it for a few months now but now the tablets no longer have effect.

I haven't slept a wink last night, had to go through work today still suffering and I'm now still the same :(
I have drank tonnes of milk, gaviscon, yogurt, gum, baking soda and prescribed medication from doctor. I think as I haven't been eating much for this entire pregnancy it doesn't help either empty stomach alot of the time :( I'm just so fed up and feel like due date is too far away x

I suffered really bad with heart burn when I was pregant and the only thing that helped was tums tablets from SuperDrug they are about £1.50 for a pack and I swear by them xx

things like rice pudding and bread can help too. starchy carbs give the acid something to do. i have acid reflux when not pg so im used to it. i managed most of this pg without my pills til new years and throwing up acid was the last straw. i went my doc and got the omeprazole i usually have and i love it, 1 a day and no heartburn unless i eat something ridiculously fatty.

Double strength rennies! Only £2 for a box of tablets at Tesco just now. I swear I took two and my heartburn was gone for ages - I even got a decent nights kip! Woo! Or failing that - chocolate yazoo milkshake seems to keep it at bay. Xx

i really know how you feel, with my first two babies i tried everything, rennie, gaviscon, tablets of docs cutting out certain foods the lot and i still got it really bad :( i couldnt sleep for the heartburn or being sick coz of all the acid but the relief is instant as soon as baby is born although i know thats not any consolation to you at the moment but i do know how you feel

this time around has been a bit different though i never had heartburn once til i reached 25 weeks, and everytime someone asked me about ms i just said i can cope with that as long as the heartburn doesnt come!! but it did, but im coping ok at the moment with Maccies milkshake in the days, also clotted cream vanilla ice cream after tea as it soothes it, and then one rennie sucked on before i go to sleep and it works wonders, a friend of mine said those little refresher sweets get rid of it too!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back