Heartburn

littlemuffin

Reaction score
I am suffering so much with heartburn that I want to cry with it.

It never goes away. I got up 3 times last night with it, and all due to it hurting so much and then making me feel like I want to be sick.

Have any of you got any idea's that can help me with this. I can't sleep sitting up, not that I think sitting up helps as I have it now, and i'm at work sitting straight at my desk.

HELP!!

Take a big swig of gaviscon after you eat (about a shot glass full). Anything with cheese in sets mine off as does lemonade for some reason. I think it's impossible to overdose on gaviscon so get one of the cheap supermarket brand bottles and go nuts :).

Baby will be dropping soon and it'll be getting easier again anyway.

if its that bad hun go the doctor and get some ranatidine or omeprazole. they are safe in tri 3 and are the best thing since slieced bread where heartburn is concerned. i take one omeprazole every other day and i havent had heartburn since really. (well once but i did eat pork scratchings which always set it off anyway lol)

I am suffering really badly to hun.Peptac is better than gaviscon.I also find soda water gives me some relief.
Its hell isn't it?Chocolate and coffee seem to really set it off for me.

I get it soooo badly!! I used to get it before I fell pregnant so now its a nightmare! It doesnt help that chocolate, coffee and irn bru seem to be setting it off - these are the things I am wanting so much (not really 'craving' though!).

Anyway I tried Rennies and Gaviscon (although I tried in tablet forms not liquid), I've yet to remember to mention it to the doc or midwife so haven't been prescribed anything - BUT I did find that Yazoo Milkshake done the trick so fast and brilliant and it stayed at bay for ageees! I was so impressed that Im living on the stuff so I wrote to Yazoo themselves and told them the story so they send me some vouchers!! Bonus!!

Hope this helps hun xxx

I can sympathise it's horrible isn't it.....I just take asda's own heartburn relief tablets they are safe in pregnancy and seem to do the trick for me even on the days and nights when it is really bad. If you can't find anything that works go and see your gp they can probably give you something stronger that is safe in pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back