Baby laying with back to your right.

sarah2807

Reaction score
Last weekend me and DH went on a tour of the labour ward. The MW shoiwng us around commented on the ideal position of babies saying they should be laying with their back to the left side of the mother.

My baby was like this a few weeks ago but is now laying with her back to my right. I looked up why there's a difference on google and it says if baby is ROA there's a chance it will turn back to back in labour and will therefore =a longer delivery and more painful birth.

Does anyone have any experience of this? My MW hasn't mentioned it to me, but now I've read this I'm getting worried and wondering if I should be doing something to get my LO to move back to my left.

Thanks
xxxxx

Yes when i was in labour with my son his back was to my back so they got me to ley on my left side to encorage him to move mabe it might be worth when you have a bit of time to lye on your left side :D

Jake was lying to my right side and was babk to back in lavour but turned just before he was born. As Anna says, spend plenty of time lying on your left side- also on your hands an knees. Hope s/he turns in time :hug:

Hmm isn't ROA more or less the same as ROL? LOL and ROL are both good positions for labour. My LO used to flip from side to side even up to the day before he was born. He was LOL and then flipped to ROL day before. He seemed to prefer the right hand side anyways.

I laboured naturally with him in this position just fine.

hmm isn't ROA more or less the same as ROL? LOL and ROL are both good positions for labour. My LO used to flip from side to side even up to the day before he was born. He was LOL and then flipped to ROL day before. He seemed to prefer the right hand side anyways.

I don't know...I never thought anything of it until the MW at the hospiatl said the left is better, but when I looked it up I did read some things that said when baby is on the right they are more likely to turn back to back-I don't know why tho. :think:
I'm hoping it isn't that bad or surely the MW would have told me by now and adviced me on how to flip her over.
Mine prefers the right too, but I don't think I help because I sleep (when I manage to get any sleep... :roll: ) mainly on my right cos it's more comfortable, it hurts on the left but I'm trying to do it now. :D

sarah my bump was ROA and this morning midwife has told me baby is back to back

i have put a post up in here and there were some very useful replies that are worth reading :hug:

My baby was lying to the right, but she kept swinging into the back-to-back position during labour, making for a very drawn out process - however, she did turn back to the right for delivery. Midwife said right or left lying was fine.
BTW, I religiously tried all the tricks to get baby to the left from about 28 weeks - to no avail!! :roll:

Ooh you've got me worried now! Had appt this morning and baby is lying with back to my right :roll: But doctor didn't seem bothered by it and didn't mention that it could cause problems?

Ooh you've got me worried now! Had appt this morning and baby is lying with back to my right But doctor didn't seem bothered by it and didn't mention that it could cause problems?

Sorry hun. :hug:
No..the MW hasn't mentioned it to me either (just the one at the hospiatl), but I'll ask my MW on Tues at my 40 +2 appointment-I hope I'm paniking over nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back