back to back???

Kimbo

Reaction score
at the midwife this morning, she said my baby is lying back to back , and i need to use my birth ball and sit on a dining chair backwards to try and get her to turn around.
have any of you done this and your baby has actually turned and it's worked?
also, would i be able to tell myself if she has turned?
i've got 8 weeks to turn her around... do you reckon i can do it? lol :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Spend lots of time on all fours, go swimming if you can (breast stroke helps apparently)
Spend as much time as you can on your birthing ball, you can also kneel on the floor and lean your top half over the birthing ball to watch TV etc
Crawl around the house LOL (it's true)
Don't lie back on the sofa, if you want to veg out lie on your side.
General good posture and no slouching.

Mason was back to back and I was in labour 24 hours and didn't progress for much of that. :( I did all of the above to make sure Brody was in a good position. It can knock hours off your labour so trust me, do whatever you can, it can work! I was in full blown labour with Brody for about 5 hours :)

Urchin said:
Mason was back to back and I was in labour 24 hours and didn't progress for much of that. :( I did all of the above to make sure Brody was in a good position. It can knock hours off your labour so trust me, do whatever you can, it can work! I was in full blown labour with Brody for about 5 hours :)

so it can work! thanks for that.
i can never sleep at night time now so will keep my ball next to my bed and do most of it then.

as for the crawling around the house..... you ever seen a pregnant hippo? :rotfl:

thanks again

Hope baby Leah turns in time for you.

Get bouncing and crawling :rotfl:

these babies and can turn an turn and keep turning....!!

I was told amber was back to back did everything i was told to do and at a growth scan at 36 weeks was told she had turned! so i was like woo hooo....!!!!

But the litte bugga had turned back, afte my labour i found out what position she was in and it was back to back and her head was pointing up instead of down! No wonders my labour was long and painful.

Just keep up with the bouncing and on the chair i did this for ages hard when you have a bad back isnt it!!

Hope Lo turns and everything goes ok x

Tia was back to back when she was born.. although I didn't know about it...

I don't think it made labour any more painful... but it did complicate it a lot and all my contractions were in my back which is soo difficult to deal with.... So if you can turn her turn her..

This is the reason why I have brought a ball this time so I can make sure I can turn little miss if she decides to go the way of her sister....

Do everything that Urchin said... it will make Leah dead uncomfortable and she will turn.. :wink:

I would say try everything you can to turn baby Leah. I was a bit stupid and didn't quite understand what back to back meant. I was told to do exercises like what Urchin mentioned and prob did about 2 :oops: I ended up back to back labour and although I didn't have long labour (1 hour established) the pain in my back was quite bad, i cant even remember feeling pains in my tummy :shock: also they had to try turn jack as he was coming out cos he got stuck and that was bit scary at time.

So get crawling round the house like a pregnant hippo :lol: :hug:

Maddison was back to back and I got on my hands and knees and rocked back and forth for 5 mins a day for a week and she turned round :D

Snuggle said:
Maddison was back to back and I got on my hands and knees and rocked back and forth for 5 mins a day for a week and she turned round :D

thanks for your replies everyone...
snuggle... could you tell yourself that she had turned?? di dyour bump feel different?

No I didnt know myself, MW told me at next appointment. My placenta was at front anyway so I couldnt feel baby all that much in general. I think some women can tell if baby has turned though but mine was so tiny (4lbs 15oz at birth) that she could have been trampolining in there and I wouldnt have been able to feel it :?

well i was a good girl last night :D
we watched a film in bed but i sat at the side of my bed on my birth ball leaning forward.
was sat like that for an hour and a half.
then i got in bed and got on all fours, and got shane to rub my back for me for 20 minutes while i was on all fours and the pressure relief off my back was amazing!!

lisa&alex said:
:wink: ai.. i bet

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i had to tell him to give over after a while because he thought it was an invitation when he was knelt behind me :rotfl:

Stephen was a back to back labour and 33 hours I had ahad enough.

Imogen was back to back at last appointment before she was due, and I was advised to ue my birthing ball and it did work - she was turned a little bit at the end but no where as near painful as DS labour and birth :D

my baby was back to back during labour. so they birthed me on my side, he did turn, as he was being pushed out :shock: ouch.

best of luck, hope baby turns for you :)

Do what Urchin said- back-to-back isnt nice.

Beware though, Jake was back-to-back and he turned ab about 37 weeks so I relaxed and started slouching on the settee again so he went back-to-back again :x

Next time im gonna walk around on my hands and knees for the whole 9 months- anything to avoid another labour like that :talkhand:

i hope leah turns for u hun :pray:

i *think* theres a website called spinning babies that tells u how to turn them but its probably everything urchins already told u!

been midwife this morning... shes on her way back round to the right way :cheer: :cheer:

midwife said whatever i'm doing must be working :D

kayla was back to back, i tried everything but she just lept changin positions after every mw appointment. the pain wasnt any worse than the first time round it was just in a different place which meant i couldnt lie on my back as it felt unbearable (which was quite difficult becus they wanted me to be monitored all the way thru :shock: ) it only took 2 hours 20 mins tho n she was born and the pushing stage was a lot quicker this time round so i dnt think havin a bk to bk baby has any bearing on birth/labour just the area you will experience pain.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back