HELP need advice

nattyv86

Reaction score
Hi
So im Natalie i am 25 and have been ttc for 3 years.
Just back from the gyno and hes told me i am too overweight to concieve i had to really beg for a ultrasound to see if i had polysystic ovaries or fybroids even though he suspects i do. they have given me cerazette to make my periods regular but i cant see how thats going to help as when i stop taking them i will go back to having irregular periods. im very confused and deflated now as they wont help me until im as thin as a rake :roll:

any advice would be helpful as im a wreck at the minute
xx

hi i cant give any advice but i can sympathise as im overweight and im going to gp tonight after not having a period in the 76 days sice removal.............i know my weight wont help and thats why my goal is to get my bmi below 30 so that if i do need medical assistance ttc in the future (after 12 months ttc) then ill already be at or near that range...............plus i want to get my weight down while ttc so that pregnancy is easier on my body etc and to reduce the risks associated with being overweight and pregnant.............why are you being given birth conrtol when your ttc? and im overweight and i had a scan 2 yrs ago which diagnosed cysts on my ovarys that wernt consistant with pcos, iv never however been given bloodtests! which im going to insist on tonight xxxx

:hugs: sounds like your gyno is not very symPathetic, at least they have agreed to the scan which will hopefully start the ball rolling if there is a problem - I'm not sure about the medication but perhaps once your periods are settled then you won't need anymore ? ... Hope they sort it out soon, try and keep your chin up x

Hi Natalie,

I am Natalie too LOL!

First things first I would say please do not panic, I know it's a cliche but you really do have time on your side.

You don't say how overweight you are but if the Dr has bought this up then I guess you must need to lose a fair amount (forgive my supposition?)

Why not set aside some time to try and shift some weight? If this is affecting your ability to conceive then you do need to address this issue I am afraid.

Your GP may be able to point you in the right direction - if you want to go it alone I recommend My Fitness Pal.

I have lost weight twice in my life and I know how hard it is (I lost 3 stone a few years back and recently lost the 20lbs of this I gradually put back on!) It is all about timing. However if you really want to get pregnant and your weight is the main factor holding you back then you do need to give this some serious thought.

I am sure you don't have to be thin as a rake hun - most people have a healthy weight range of about 2st ??

I know you Dr may appear as being heartless but being overweight during pregnancy puts so much extra strain on your body.

I hope you cna find a way to put a positive spin on this somehow!

Best of luck.

if you really want to lose weight asap, the cambridge diet is pretty hard work but get amazing results. google it, theyve got a website explaining it all x

i need to lose about 6 stone to be a healthy 10 stone.
i am just worried about going on the pill she says its to make me regular but the pill doesnt always do that. the gyno basically said he can do a scan but whatever he finds he can do nothing for me other than refer me to the fertlity clinic.

i feel lost i dont no what to think

xx

i need to lose about 6 stone to be a healthy 10 stone.
i am just worried about going on the pill she says its to make me regular but the pill doesnt always do that. the gyno basically said he can do a scan but whatever he finds he can do nothing for me other than refer me to the fertlity clinic.

i feel lost i dont no what to think

xx

Just a thought hon - some of the girls here have tried Agnus Cactus to get their periods more regular (check out some of the earlier posts) - this is a natural herb, so has to be better for your body than taking the pill. Might be worth a try for a few months to see if it makes a difference xx

I personally wouldn't take the pill if you plan to ttc anytime soon, it can be a nightmare to get out of your system to ttc xx

i am in 2 minds about taking it and just losing the weight to see if i concieve then. but will they not treat me if they feind out iv not taken them x

i am in 2 minds about taking it and just losing the weight to see if i concieve then. but will they not treat me if they feind out iv not taken them x

How can they prove you've not been on the pill though?

I'd say go with the natural weight loss and see how you get on

xxxx

Last edited:
ye iv made my mind up im going on no pill. i want a baby not to prevent having one, i could concieve while im losing weight im not risking it thanks girls xx

Good for you! And why don't you think about the Agnus Cactus too to help regulate your periods naturally... Good luck with it all :) xx

i am looking at it now. i will pop next door as she owns a herbal shop :) i am not going on the pill, its not sat right with me since they said it. thankyou everyone i feel a bit better now :D

hope you all get your babies soon

xx

i am looking at it now. i will pop next door as she owns a herbal shop :) i am not going on the pill, its not sat right with me since they said it. thankyou everyone i feel a bit better now :D

hope you all get your babies soon

xx

You too :) xx

I think you just go to the top of this page on the tool bar, where it says search and then type in Agnus Cactus - hope that works x

ceebee just told you hun x

There should be a few threads on this subject on the first page anyway

xxxx

lol sorry i didnt realise there was a ''page 2'' im so dippy im blaming it on the pain killers lol
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back