New need help. Confused :(

username89

Reaction score
hi,

please help

basically i have very irregular periods. i have been trying for a year and half to conveice nearly 2 years. i went to docotrs and had a blood test - this came back fine. hormones all ok.

i then went for a scan to check for PCOS. which i got told i had a mild case of. she said i still ovulate because i do have periods.

althoguh i read online that even thoguh some people have periods... it doesnt mean you ovulate.

which confuses me. because its all to do with your hormones. so does this mean that i do ovulate because my blood test came back okk? or does this not matter?

why havent i conceived in all this time? :\ what can i do to increase chances.

thanks for help guys x

Hi and welcome to the site, i also have been trying for 2 years now. I also had a scan that showed slight PCOS but the bloods came back ok, i assume you had the same bloods done just to check hormones etc. If they came back ok then you shouldnt have PCOS you could however have PCO without the syndrome. Alot of women have this and it never affects the fertility.

The only way to be certain of ovulation is to ask the doc for cycle day 20-21 bloods, that will show if you have ovulated. Also you could use opk's at home to check ovulation, then you know the best time to concieve.

Also it is possible for a woman not to ovulate every month.

Try not to get yourself worked up, easier said than done i know. If your unsure of what bloods the doctor has taken and the results you could always ring the practise and ask the receptionist or nurse to explain if the doc isnt available. I had to do this, and i also got a copy of all tests ive had done.

To increase your chances of falling i would definately invest in some opk's so you can track ovulation at home.

Best of luck x x x

Have you ever charted your BBT? This helped me to confirm I was Ovulating because your body temperature rises after you ovulate. You can learn more from fertilityfriend.com

Good luck! x

Thanks Emma :) so confusing :( got doctors next week anyway ... The doctor who did my scan said tht I could take tablets to help me ovulate more... Would anyone know what this would be?? I'm trying to cut out all bad foods & smokin etc
But considering she told me I had a mild case of pcos I have no symptoms of it. I was actually underweight before... I got told to put on weight to help increase my chances... If my fertility was actually fine then how come I haven't conceived yet :( xx

No I haven't charted before I did think of it though. So when ur body temp goes up.. Is that the best time to try ?? Thanks xx

I tried charting last year and couldn't get on with it. I hope you find it better and helpful :) x

The tablets your doctor is talking about I would say would be Clomid. I've been given them because I asked for them but she said they won't make much of a difference in my case. They are said to work though!

x.Kiss.x

No unfortunately by the time your temp goes up, you have already ovulated. But what your chart tells you is that you have ovulated (which I was concerned I didn't) and also over a few months of charting, you will see a pattern and you can more accurately pin point the time of the month you are likely to Ovulate. This is why if you use Charting in conjunction to OPK and observing CM, you should hit the right days even in the first month of charting. I used opks from cd11 onwards and I didn't ovulate until CD17.

Oh and when you use OPKs, I suggest testing at least twice a day as I almost missed my surge (it can last only a few hours). I bought cheapie OPKs from internet and when they got close to dark colour of control line, I used a more expensive brand to make double sure. I leave nothing to Chance LOL.

Also ewcm is a very good sign you are about to OV. So putting all 3 methods together will ensure you get a more accurate idea of when you Ov.

xxx

Ok, thanks guys !! I'm defiantly gonna give thi a go before starting to use Chlomid etc... I think charting and getting a healthy life style will hopefully help me out a bit :) cx fingers crossed xxx

Do prenatal vitamins help at all ?? I read that it can help regulate ovulation ?? But not sure of this is true ? Xxx

Yes you should defin be on vitamins anyway, a good one that contains folic acid but NO animal derived vit A. Beta carotene is ok. Then I also take a vit B supplement because I am afraid I have a shortish luteal phase and this is supposed to help. xx

I had heard so many horror stories of how it 'made people infertile' and it really put me off... I took multivitamins for a month n I came on my period on day 19. Which was really weird considering the used to b really long ... My doctor told me that this was just a coincidence but it scared me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back