Help! My 11 month old is refusing to eat and losing weight..

angelfairy

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I do hope one or some of you can offer me some advice, my 11 month old is currently refusing 70% of her food. That is, she'll eat a third of her breakfast, completely refuses lunch and will have half of her dinner. She is still breastfed morning and night and one mid afternoon.

Is this something that all babies go through? Her top teeth still haven't come through so perhaps that has something to do with it. The thing is she also has diahorrea at the moment and has had it for the last 7 days, thats why I'm so worried in case its something else.

She has lost weight in the last 4 weeks, I got her weighed on the 26th of Sept and she was 8.58 Kg, just under 50th percentile and this weds she was only 8.3Kg and had dropped to 20th percentile, I fear she has since lost more weight.

Please help.

Xxx

Just before Jake's first two teeth came through he had diarrhoea and he went off of his food for about 2 weeks so it could be to do with teething. Jake was also getting the occasional temperature so I thought he was ill. The Doctor sent off poo samples though and they came back negative which makes me think that it was to do with teething. I would still get your LO checked out though to be on the safe side.

Hi Gemma,

Thank you so much for replying :hug: I've been so upset over this. The doctors have pretty much been useless, all they say is she isn't severely ill or dehydrated, to which I've replied surely we want to avoid her getting to that point, which is why we need to intervene now......Anyway, am hoping the results from her poo sample will be in tomorrow which should tell us what is going on.

Am hoping and praying its the teeth and nothing more sinister :pray:

Thanks for your support

Xxx

Hi all,

just wanted to give you an update on my girl, her diahorrea has finally cleared up. I still don't know what caused it and the doctors surgery still hasn't got back to me with the results from her poo sample. Her appetite has also come back phew! I'm going to get her weighed on Weds, hopefully she won't have lost any more weight.

Thanks for all your support Xxx

Glad your Little girl is feeling better
She's gorgeous by the way :hug:

Aw thanks nic, I think she's gorgeous but then I'm biased :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member