• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Losing weight/weaning

rosieroo said:
HVs should sing from the same song sheet and give the same advice.

Totally! they make it confusing - everything they say is different.
If they are confident that 4months is bad for the babies they should take all the 4month food off the shelves.

Exactly! But then the companies would lose money and that wouldn't be good. So they manage to get round it by putting in teeny tiny writing that weaning before 6 months should only be done on advice.

Personally I just think that if they aren't saying 'WOAH DON'T DO IT CAUTION CAUTION' and they differ in opinion from one person to the next that the conclusions they have come to can't be that serious. I don't feel like some baby rice or fruit or whatever could be dangerous to my daughter and cause her health problems. It isn't chemicals and it isn't poison - it's all natural, mild stuff. x

You know that and will give your baby natural things. But then you get the tins of crap like chocolate dessert that have no nutritional value, are full of s**t and people think it's cute to give to their teeny baby. Afterall 14 weeks is nearly 16 weeks and 16 weeks is 4 months isn't it....? Get my point? It's the rubbish like that that shouldn't be on the shelves!

100% home made food it’s a fact that they prob have more chemicals in than an equivelant baby food.

A recent survey has shown due to the high rulees etc monitoring the making of baby foods all of the fruit veg etc must be of a certain high standard that is not set for normal fruit n veg we buy. Some vegetables, including carrots, beets, turnips, collard greens, spinach and broccoli, may contain high amounts of nitrates, naturally occurring chemicals that can cause anemia in babies aswell as other forms of chemicals used in the processes from manure, growing agents cleaning agents and the way theyre handled.. Baby food companies must test for nitrates and other chemicals in these vegetables before they can be used to make baby food.

cool that makes me feel safer 8)

I want Eva to sample different tastes - letting her taste chocolate and things dont bother me (i'm not talking huge amounts) but i think it is important for her development to experience different flavours and i want her to be open to lots of varieties of food when she is older.

her favourite thing is porridge anyway!

dionne said:
100% home made food it’s a fact that they prob have more chemicals in than an equivelant baby food.

A recent survey has shown due to the high rulees etc monitoring the making of baby foods all of the fruit veg etc must be of a certain high standard that is not set for normal fruit n veg we buy. Some vegetables, including carrots, beets, turnips, collard greens, spinach and broccoli, may contain high amounts of nitrates, naturally occurring chemicals that can cause anemia in babies aswell as other forms of chemicals used in the processes from manure, growing agents cleaning agents and the way theyre handled.. Baby food companies must test for nitrates and other chemicals in these vegetables before they can be used to make baby food.

I'm not on about the fruit/veg jars, I'm talking about the choc puddings tins etc which I don't understand why mums would give to their baby as they have no nutritional value :?

I never get involved in conflict or say anything to try and make someone feel bad or judged. But I have to admit I am shocked by some of the judgemental posts lately.

what happened to people being polite and giving friendly
advise? Nobody has the right to say what is 100% right or wrong and make people feel guilty and crap. We all make mistakes and none of us are or can be perfect.

Im in agreement Toriella!! Thnk a few days away from the forum may be nice LOL!!!
Any way, back to the subject, how's Roo today Kim????

At last!!! This thread has returned to the topic it started from!! Thank you Hels!!!

She is a lot better thank you. She is taking 6oz of formula now - woohoo!!!

:D :D :D

Dionne that was quite interesting! I make up fresh veggies for Ella but I suppose I should really buy organic??? I usually just buy the normal stuff for ella as I would for me! for those who make their own veggies do you use organic or normal?

I usually give her fresh stuff but if Im out and about I give her jars, I dont have a problem with them atall and even let ella try chocolate pudding but she wasnt keen! bet she would be now though the little monster will eat anything

I use ordinary veggies if I make stuff for Jess. Usually we are all having it and hers is separated at the last moment and ours is salt and peppered.

I still use the jars occasionally if im not feeling well or if she isnt feeling well and i get the toddler meals for the same reasons or if I fancy something I know she wont eat.

The choco puddings though, gadz, they were howling :lol: :lol: . I am eating a tin of the apple puree with rice just now because I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back