baby is a picky eater at 11 months old..HELP

Natural mamma

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
It s been a while i know...just so darn busy.
Ok so here's the problem.
LuLi is fussy...dare i say it !!!
I have 4 big kids, they all eat everything..well almost everything!!
I couldn't shovel it in fast enuf for them as babies.
trouble is Luli just wants the odd spoonful of food. She has
been like it since i started weaning her MONTHS ago.
I feed her little and often as thats what she wants, but she just refuses
stuff most of the time. I give her hand food too, this interests her a little more,
but she ultimately just plays with it. :wall:
I know babies will eat when hungry, but last nite she was up from 2.30am until 5.30am
eating boob, and playing...as she had not eaten her dinner again.
Well enough is enough...HELP
She like's leek and potato soup, and lentils...pureed fruit,
but she wastes so much more than she eats. :doh:

with my third he was the same to point we had to force him to eat as he was getting ill but i had to stand my ground he was drinkin alot not a amazing ammount but esp at night so i had to stop them night feeds of milk and replace with juice but i didnt leave the bottle with him or he would have the lot and it seem to increase his hungry in the day plus also changing the times he ate he would have brekkie first time then i changed dinner time to 11 becuase later than that he had gone past it and starting to want his afternoon nap then around 4 do some supper also brightly coloured foods and i use to make the food into pictures like smiley faces it good that ur l/o is playing with there food perhaps while she is playing u could try and feed her at the same time so she doesnt think about what you are doing and more messing what she is playing with hope i have helped in some way :) :) :)

Good point about the night feeds...she has boob on tap !!! hadn't considered that..all my others did too but they were just hungry all the time. Thank u will keep endeavouring.

Did i read that correctly you expecting your 6 th baby and you 24 ?? What are their ages ??? Crikey go girl.... :lol: :clap: :)

hi yeah u read right im 24, 25 in nov and expecting number 6 my eldest is sandra-lisa at 8 then alesha at 4 then ciaran at 3 then amber at 2 then logan at 10 months on 14th and this one is a boy due on 1st of may we are going to call him hayden :)

We are doing baby led weaning and DD barely eats anything. In the last week she has started to show interest in food - particularly if she sees me peel a clementine :) Yesterday she ate 1 orange segment, 2 clementine segments, (OK, she sucked the juice from them, she didn't eat them), she chewed the corner of a rice cake, sucked on some beans and chewed the end of a baby corn.

At the moment they get almost all their nutrients from milk so it's no big deal.

Does she always drink at night? Our HV said something that makes sense - if they always wake for food at night then they are producing stomach acid at that time and that wakes them. I know that at work I am always hungry at break time and at lunch time - in a previous school that was 10.45 and 1.05pm. Now that's 10.10 and 12pm. So this theory makes a lot of sense to me. The HV said that to stop it happening we should phase out the milk and give water at night so that it fills her tummy that night but ultimately wil stop her producing stomach acid at that time.

OH is in charge of the night feedings and he hasn't tried giving water yet so I can't say if it works though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back