Help! Maternity leave and new job

silvnaru

Reaction score
I started my new job on 12th of September. I was 9 weeks pregnant. Now I am 12 weeks, almost 13. I need to know am I entitled to any maternity leave or pay? Please help me. I know you have to be working at the same place for certain period of time to be entitled. My due date is 18 of April 2017.

Are you in the US? I believe with most jobs after your 90 days of probation you should be entitled to maternity leave. Definitely by April of next year you should be eligible. :) But you have to be there for a year to get FMLA.

Last edited:
You will be eligible for maternity leave but not maternity pay (unless your employer gives you more than statutory rights - check your contract/employee handbook) You might be able to claim maternity allowance instead though if you were working before this job. Use this calculator to work it all out : https://www.gov.uk/pay-leave-for-parents

I started my new job on 12th of September. I was 9 weeks pregnant. Now I am 12 weeks, almost 13. I need to know am I entitled to any maternity leave or pay? Please help me. I know you have to be working at the same place for certain period of time to be entitled. My due date is 18 of April 2017.

Hi i was in the same boat. I started my new job in April 2016 and found out after being there a week that i was pregnant. Im due 29th Dec, not long left!

You wont be entitled to SMP from the company, but you will be entitled to Maternity Allowance. The company will have to fill out an SMP1 form to send off with your claim along with your MATB1 certificate, which you get from your midwife when your 20+ weeks pregnant, and 13 weeks worth of wage slips, which must be within a certain test period.

If you google maternity leave calculator it will tell you when your leave will start and about pay. Also if you google maternity allowance it will give you all the information about claiming.

Hope this helps :)

I got pregnant two weeks after I started my new job. I used the calculator and I'm entitled to 52 weeks maternity leave, 39 weeks SMP and the first 6 weeks I get 90% of my pay.

Weirdly, it said that tax and NI will be deducted?? From only £139.58 a week???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back