falling pregnant whilst on maternity leave....

BeckyJ

Reaction score
what happens if you fall pregnant whilst on maternity leave?
do you have to return to work for a certain amount of time to again qualify for maternity pay? are you entitled again to the 39wks?

we do want more children, maybe next year, maybe the year after, we will see how things go but it would be good to know where we stand so any help on this would be great

hiya

as far as I know, while you are off on maternity everything stays as if you are at work, eg you accrue your holiday etc in the normal way so to me that would mean you get your mat leave as usual.

yep your entitled to everything, just as you were the first time around :)

i know, cause that's what i did! i was 14 weeks when i went back to work after maternity leave.

one of the teachers i worked with came back for 10 weeks and went of on mat leave again

Oh my god I was thinking of askin just this question which is why I came onto this board! Are you thinking what I'm thinking Becky! My SMP finishes Jan 11, but my Job remains open on no pay for me til Apr 11. If I feel pregnant right now then I wouldnt have to go back! Is that right??? This could go on forever and I could have 1million babies and be constantly getting SMP!

me too, i just come on here to ask that question as i couldnt find info from googling it!
My lo is 6 months nearly and wanted another one so they are only 18m or so apart.
Thanks :D Its worth going back to work to get your maternity pay!!!

yeh id like about 18months gap as well if possible

we have already discussed having another and summer isnt 2 months yet!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back