Help!!! Lol

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
I didn't really know where to post this so thought I'd try here! Also I've asked my friends on facebook but nobody knows so again thought I'd ask you lovely ladies!!

I went out for the afternoon earlier and when I got home I put my keys in the doorlock and two wasps flew out! I had a major hissy fit as I hate them after getting stung afew years ago and had to wait afew mins until they buggered off before trying the lock again!

Anyways after 30mins I opened the front door to put something in the wheelie bin, to see one buzzing right by the door (outside) so slammed the door again! Then after about an hour there was a knock at the door but as soon as I opened it, the bloody wasp was there again... Grrr

anyhoos the reason for this long post is, is there anything from around the house I can spray which will either kill or stop the wasps coming near my house or will it attract them more? I'm thinking things like my cilit bang or toilet cleaner or will that make them want to come in even more?! I don't want to attract them!!!

Please help I keep hearing buzzing in the house even though there's nothing there! Lol

i have a horrible phobia of bee's and wasps (mainly bees even though there not as harmful yes im a bit weird i think its the size of them)
I cant even go into the garden to hang the washing out because as soon as i hear a buzz i run into the house, i've starting listening to my ipod to avoid hearing them and freaking me out lol

i would love to know how to get rid / distract them away from my house but nobody seems to know, even when i look online it usually only brings up exterminators :(

My mum and dad made their own trap things last year, they got old jam and honey jars, made holes on the lids and put a bit of water in I think! They worked a treat cos they couldn't get out! Oh and thry didn't wash them out first! They got some flappy curtain things to stop them coming in the back door too!

I mix a few drops of citroenella oil with water and spray around the windows and the kids cos they freak at the tiniest bug!!

Thanks for the tips guys!! I've never been fond of them but I got stung on my face afew years ago and my fear got 100x's worse since then! I don't want lacey to be scared of them but I have such a hissy fit if one comes near me! I have a heartattack if one comes in the house lol this is the one reason why I dread summer!

Definatley Jam jars with holes cut in the lid - also make sure they still have some Jam or something sweet inside them, But put them away from doors and windows otherwise it might attract them more,

Also if you don't mind the smell of incense you can light this and have it smouldering around your front door area, this really helps to keep them away

Another tip is to get some of the small mesh and tape that to your window frames so you can have your windows open without the little buggers getting in,
I got some double sided velcro and put that on the frame and the mesh so that it was easy to peel off to open and close the windows,

I am also petrified of the little devils as I am allergic to them, If I get stung I swell up like a beach ball!

:rofl: I thought the same thing when I read it!! Hope you got rid of them!

I hate wasps so much, whenever I see one I get goose bumps and get shivers. I've never been stung because I am quick like a cat and run away, waving my arms and screaming if one gets near me. People say to stand still but I have managed 30 years unscaved using my method :rofl: xx

I always just sit still, Im not really scared of them and Ive never been stung, my sister gets stung like every year cos she flaps her arms around and squeals. Maybe we're just not tasty to wasps?!

tennis racquets are good for killing wasps, there's a satisfying 'ping!' and bang, they dead. We have lots of wasps on the farm, I absolutely hate them. Got stung when I was a kid with no great bother but then got stung on the finger last year and my whole hand swelled up to the point there I thought the skin was going to split! anti histamines started working just as I was seriously considering going to a&e...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back