Please dont laugh...

lozzi

Reaction score
...there is something seriously wrong wtih me.

When i go out of my house or go to bed, i am obcessed i havent locked my front door, and that someone will break in (like my stepdads family)
its to the point were i go out or go to bed and im having to get out of bed or come back from were i am going to check it, i can drive around the block to keep checking my door is locked.

Another thing is im convinced ive left the gas switched on/the flame on the hobs. So im convinced that ill gas my house and switch a ligth on and my house will blow up, or that something will fall on the flame and set fire to my house. I keep checking time and time again before i can sleep/go out. Even when i KNOW its off i still keep checkin just incase i was mistaken.

The other one is that ive left the tap on in the bathroom after ive been the loo, and that my house will flood.. adn so i keep going back checking.

My family must think ive lost it im constantly saying "ive locked the door right?" or "ive turned the taps/cooker/hob off havent i?"

Its gettin ridiculous, i can check over and over again and im convinced that its still on.

I can end up going out and having to return numerous times to check it all agian.

Im thinking of telling my nutty nurse, but im really concerned she will think im losing it and take my princess away.

grrr why cant i just be normal and lead a normal fooking life, its one thing after another.

please dont laugh, i just needed to rant as its really gettin my down :(

Sweetie your not nutty you have just developed OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder, its not nice and must be really stressy for you, i had this when i had DD because of my colostomy and i thought i constantly smelt of poo :oops: I was diagnosed with OCD and had medication prescribed and also a bit of therapy to helop,
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE realise your not nutty, lots of people suffer from this day in and day out, you do however IMO need some help flower, speak to your HV or GP and start the ball rolling to a better less stressy place,

Good luck much love xx

i was like that when i was pregnant with faith i had to go round and unplug every plug in my house i also bought loads or CO detectors every week because i thought there was a leak!! it got to the point where i even thought i could smell gas!!
Your not mad hun its a horrible thing sometimes it passes on its own or like feefee says talk to your G.P or HV! :hug:

Your not going mad its like the others have said and sounds like OCD you sound exactly like my DH it drives him mad but he just has to do his checks before we leave the house he checks that the gas is of windows are closed and he checks that the door is locked lots of times then he will still ask me if its locked,he is the same when coming to bed makes sure that all downstairs lights are off gas has not been left on and a few other things,i would mention to you gp i promise u that they wont think your going mad at all hun :hug:

hey huni, your not going mad.. :hug:

dont think they will take your little girl cos they wont..

alot of ppl have ocd, i for one and forever going back to check my front door, or to see if i have turned the oven off, or have i left the iron on..

Your not on your own, and you will get through it.. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
You're not mad hun it does sound like OCD! Have a word with the nurse she will definately not think you are losing it and there's no way they will take your little girl from you! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My sister developed OCD as part of her PNP (post natal psychosis). She was 100x worse than you, with lots of other symptoms much worse than the OCD including hallucinations. No one ever suggested taking her baby away from her. Even though she was ill enough to be sectioned, they kept her baby with her. So they're not going to take your baby away for a bit of OCD are they?

Go to your doctor and ask for help, the sooner you start, the quicker you'll get better. Think about it - you suddenly have this whole other person to be responsible for - it's not that surprising that we find weird ways to cope sometimes is it? :hug:

hun you sound just like my dad, and a tiny bit of me, my dad has OCD and cannot go out of the house without checking all the taps (sometimes will take him half an hour) checking all the plug sockets, gas hobs then when he locks the door he has to check he has locked it, then goes back to see if he has locked it again, he is the same with his car doors too.

i am like this a little bit, in the doors sense, i will lock my door, then check it, then walk back to the car and check it again, all the time checking my keys are in my hands :oops:

i think its really common hunny - if you wanna talk you know where i am :hug:

I get this too, with plugs, oven, windows etc. I go around checking everythings off about 5 times before i leave the house or go to bed, its awful. Everyone laughs at me!!!

I mentioned it to the doctor once and he said it was an OCD and offered me councelling :shock:

ur not mad but it does sound like u hav mild OCD, that can get out of hand if u dont treat it asap. tell ur "nutty nurse", dont worry she wont take ur daughter away. its best u get it sorted or it could take over ur life. cognitive behaviour therapy is supposed to work wonders
:hug:

I have this hun, ever since Jamie was born Iv been alot more vigilant whereas if it was just me i wouldnt have bothered!! doors are locked and double checked, windows shut, oven is checked, just little things but if it keeps me and my boys safe i dont care lol :shakehead: :lol:

That kind of behaviour is a well recognised symtom of Post-natal depression. The sooner you let someone know (ie Dr) the sooner it will get better.

trixipaws said:
ur not mad but it does sound like u hav mild OCD, that can get out of hand if u dont treat it asap. tell ur "nutty nurse", dont worry she wont take ur daughter away. its best u get it sorted or it could take over ur life. cognitive behaviour therapy is supposed to work wonders

my friend had cognitive therapy and it didnt work for her, different treatment affects people differently. One treatment does not suit all :D

i have the same thing,
i do it all the time,
i will be in bed and ill think i havent turned the tap off or the tv off downstaris,
i am constantly ringing up my mum when i have gone to college to ask if i have turned off my strightners,
with me my doctors said its a part of being pregnant,
i dunno i think im just silly but i was like it before i was pregnant,
i just like to be safe :D

Robyn_ said:
i have the same thing,
i do it all the time,
i will be in bed and ill think i havent turned the tap off or the tv off downstaris,
i am constantly ringing up my mum when i have gone to college to ask if i have turned off my strightners,
with me my doctors said its a part of being pregnant,
i dunno i think im just silly but i was like it before i was pregnant,
i just like to be safe :D

Yeah I'm the same if I go out and OH's home. I ring him all the time to check :?

It's quite a common problem...

for me its cos i am in dreamland at the moment, i have been all the way thorugh the pregnancy
its weird,
i rang dad the other day to see if he was ok
and then again 5 mins later cos i forgoten i had lol.
im so stupid sometimes.
its unreal =/

Hi hun if i were you i would go to the doctors before it gets worse. i had OCD after having Dior i was obsessed with spiders i couldnt get myself dressed incase there was a spider in my clothes i couldnt leave the house incase they were waiting for me :oops: :oops: :oops:

it took over my life in the end i could not sit in any ones out unless i could have my feet up incase one ran on me.

i got some pills and it really helped and touch wood its not come back since :pray:

dionne said:
Hi hun if i were you i would go to the doctors before it gets worse. i had OCD after having Dior i was obsessed with spiders i couldnt get myself dressed incase there was a spider in my clothes i couldnt leave the house incase they were waiting for me :oops: :oops: :oops:

it took over my life in the end i could not sit in any ones out unless i could have my feet up incase one ran on me.

i got some pills and it really helped and touch wood its not come back since :pray:

I tried pills they didn't work for me :( I was given anxiety tablets, which they said was often used in OCD cases, What were you given (if you don't mind me asking?)

Hi i was given sertraline 50mg it is a aniti depressent that also helps with OCD
its quite a high dose to start on, but i did let mine go to far before going to the doctors.

i had no idea what was wrong with me, untill i watched a show OCD and a lady was the same her fear of frogs took over her life.
the most comon OCD is cleaning and worrying about locking up switching of switches etc.

its a horrible illnes if it goes to far, my OH was on the verge of leaving me i lost all my friends and could not look after Dior properly for the fear every thing i done there was a spider ready to jump on me :oops:

but the main sign of OCD the doctor told me is when you realise yourself that its silly what you are doing, and you no there is no reason for it but you cannot help it.

hope you get it sorted soon xxx

thanks ladies, im gonna ring my gp tomoz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back