Help ladies, think I need some re-assurance

mjacks73

Reaction score
After a worrying start I'm now 15 weeks, had my 12 weeks scan and everything was fine. I keep getting a pain that comes and goes around the bottom of my tummy or to the side of my tummy. Is this normal or should I be worried something is wrong.

I have quite a big tummy already and some days I get paranoid it's not as big as the day before so is the baby still alive in there or has something happened.

Help, I think I'm going mad!!!

I get this I am also 15weeks. It really hurts when I sneeze.

Try not to worry as its not good for you or bubby. Speak to your midwife if you are really worried she will be able to listen to babys heartbeat to reasure you

Hope this helps hun. If you need anything give me a shout.

I've had this quite a lot, midwife said it was stretching pains,and is a sign that everythings growing as it should, but if you're worried I'd speak to your midwife to put you mind at rest xx

I spoke to my mw today about these type of pains and she confirmed to me that it was just streatching pains and nothing to worry about. xxx

Kitty86
Are you holding your bump when you sneeze?
It's advisable to as the sudden muscle retraction can cause you a sharp pain... :D

Thanks ladies for your knowledge, I'll mention to my midwife on my next visit.

Just feel in a lull from being excited reaching 12 weeks and seeing the scan until feeling it move and the next scan.

Keep you all informed :)

Sorry but I'd like to let off steam if I may! You hear about morning sickness, constipation, piles, sore boobs - pretty much everything except these stretching pains. I was worried sick when I first got them and then found out from other pregnant women that it's perfectly normal. One pal of mine said she knew someone who had piercing pain the whole way through her pregnancy!
The stretching pains seems to increase at week 15. I had an exhausting day at work last Friday because I felt uncomfortable under my bra line, at my ribs, in my hips etc. I went to bed when I got home and genuinely worried something was wrong. But it seems it's all good.
So what other surprises are we going to face?!!
S

s said:
Sorry but I'd like to let off steam if I may! You hear about morning sickness, constipation, piles, sore boobs - pretty much everything except these stretching pains. I was worried sick when I first got them and then found out from other pregnant women that it's perfectly normal. One pal of mine said she knew someone who had piercing pain the whole way through her pregnancy!
The stretching pains seems to increase at week 15. I had an exhausting day at work last Friday because I felt uncomfortable under my bra line, at my ribs, in my hips etc. I went to bed when I got home and genuinely worried something was wrong. But it seems it's all good.
S

I know you would have thought they'd tell you. The amount of people who have been worrying about on this forum is unbelievable! I, myself was one of them!

frangelle said:
s said:
S

I know you would have thought they'd tell you. The amount of people who have been worrying about on this forum is unbelievable! I, myself was one of them!

i agree. the pains are everywhere, hips, stomach, lower stomach, back, legs sometimes,...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back